Declaring variables with const

it declares the variable as a constant and i suppose trying to change the value will result in an error

const is short form of constant and does not allow to change value

Hmmm… const means constant which also means fixed… therefore, it will be a fixed variable, an unchangeable value…

creating a const variable will affect our code in the way that we cannot modify the int after we’ve declared it already.

example:

const int a = 3;

a = 6;

if you type this in, you will receive an error. in short, a const int is not a modifiable value.

I would say it changes the variable to a constant value, and is unable to be reassigned or changed.

it will keep the value at time of declaration and cannot be assigned another value.
Cheers

It makes the variable a constant, meaning it is always that value.

I guess that const stands for constant and it would make the variable to have fixed value.

I believe that it causes the compiler to either ignore attempts to change it in the code, or throw up an error message when we do try to change the const value

const will make the assigned variable “constant”, or unable to be changed later.

const would create a situation to a declared variable that would prevent that variable from being changed within the code unless we modify the declared value at a later time.

Const is a keyword in C++ which stands for “constant” which means if a variable is initialized by using const keyword it’s value can’t be altered afterwards. The compiler will give you an error when you’re trying to alter the variable’s value.

I am guessing const means constant and that it defines a variable through the course of the program and can not be changed.

const makes the integer a constant, which fixes its value and makes it unchanging.

when we set identifier to const(constant) it mean we can’t reassign the value of identifier.

const declares a variable to become constant or unchanged.

I believe const is short for a constant, so if you was to put this before you declare your code. Such as

Const Int a = 5;

I would guess this means you cannot assign another value to a.

const is a reference for constant
and by adding it in our code this should make compiler ignore editing on the constant or it will give us an error while trying to compile it (if there is a code that is trying to override its value or change it)

declaring a variabale as const is like saying we will assign a value to this variable once we decleare it but we can not change it anymore because its constant

We define the variable value in a way that makes it unchangeable afterwards, even if we try to somehow alter it.

Privacy & Terms