Dalia || DevLog

hey everyone,
i’d like to share with you guys this project, it was previously known as “ShootNRun” but it now has been turned into Dalia.

Dalia what appears to be a girl that was cursed from birth, became shunned and contempted, more and more as she grew up , but with only one source of warmth and peace that she was forcefully separated from, her sole goal is reuniting with the only one who gave her those feelings,in a world where everyone is afraid of being consumed by the curse.

the game’s end goal, is exploring the trip in which Dalia walks into to reunite with the only one who gave her some light into herself.

-----------------------------------

this is a story driven, strategical game, where you need to make calm decisions, and use various weapons, abilities and items to solve puzzles, and complete objectives.

-----------------------------------
this is a project, that i have been working on, for a really long time, and the RPG course, truly has helped me making and improving this game.
i am very glad with the results, i in no way, back in Jan 2016 would have expected that, in around two years and a half, i’ll be having games that look like this, very glad about this.

you can see the difference, and progress comparison, in these two images.
New

Old

the game is big, i hope to be able to complete it someday, for that i will keep working hard, and i am sure i’ll achieve it someday.

for time being, i’ll be doing my best, to be more active here, and keeping this as more of both of a showcase and a devlog, and also, working hard on making the game better and better.

any and all feedback is appreciated.

the game will one day be on more stores such as steam, for time being, it is on itchio

2 Likes

for anyone interested, you can see the old topic of the game back when it was called ShootNRun
by looking at the topic below.

Nice work Whooper, quite polished aesthetics and overall experience, looking forward to playing further versions

1 Like

not a big update, but definitely some progress on my end with an entirely new level, and environment, so, here is my progress, made side to side with the new unity RPG Course remaster, and also doing my own thing.
pretty pleased, but i only wish, i was even if a little bit faster, when it comes to making progress.
but yeah, now time for me to start pumping levels (i hope).

1 Like

and a new update, more progress, more enemies, and most importantly, an Explosion with push/stun/knock back ability
lets not forget, Destruction too, i feel pretty good about this update but i do hope to do better in the future(and be quicker).

Test Development Build Is Out !!!
hey everyone, so i have been working really hard on the game, and now, a test development build is out at long lasts.
this build contains three levels, and it is not the complete demo, i need help to get it to a complete demo stage, and that help is squashing bugs.
so if anyone is interested in being a beta tester for the game, and going through multiple play sessions as i fix bugs, all you need to do is simply, play the game, and report any and all bugs you find to me.

the game can be downloaded through this link

but, however, if you actually plan on doing multiple play sessions, please, download the game through the itch-io app, rather than the link itself.
because downloading the game through the itch-io app, will actually help you receive updates without having to redownload the entire thing, which are usually few MBs.
so it would make things a lot easier to you, to quickly playtest and iterate without having to keep redownloading over and over, so please i encourage you to test out my game, using the itch-io app.

you can report bugs, over here in this forum topic, or you can PM me, either way is fine.

Some Screenshots of the new build

if you try the game, please let me hear your feedback, and report any bugs that you come across (hopefully, you face none).

Note:
There is a third level in this demo, that i did not share a single screenshot from, why, i do not know :smiley: too tired i guess :smiley: , if you try the game, and you reach the final level, please do share some photos, after all, we get some Ghouls over there rather than spiders and rats :smiley:

1 Like

hey everyone, a new update, since the last build, the download link is still the same
Key notes for this build

1. a far lower build size, from 1.7GB to 700MB
  2. a Level Selection menu, to help you experience all levels in the demo, as i have not tweaked the numbers to make the game easier yet.
    3.a small cheat, by pressing [H] you now, obtain 5 extra health points, to help playing the demo, as i have not changed the numbers yet.

i hope, with a lower build size, more people can try it, enjoy, the link is the same, just hit download, and it should all just go as usual.

Privacy & Terms