Crazy Blender Course Question

This may not be the best place to post this but I didn’t want to bog the question down in the Blender forum since this is more a curiosity question.

I can’t recall where I read (of course can’t find it now) it but isn’t Blender going to be doing some really large revamp/update in their hypothetical 3.0 update? If so, will the Blender course be updated to a new version like the Unity course?

Hey Morgaine, I read something about it as well, and IIRC, what I read said one of the Maya developers would be working with the Blender team, and the new Blender UI may be more like Maya’s.

I hope not, because even though I went through a 1/2 dozen video tutorials I downloaded when I got my educational version of Maya, it’s UI is really a bit too crowded for my taste, so I’m hoping they don’t change it too much.

That said, having the course here updated when it happens, will be a great benefit, because by then I’ll be ready to start over again. :wink:

I have to agree with you Miss_B. Having puttered around in Maya and ZBrush, I much prefer Blender’s interface. I down care for the crowded look either. I know Blender looks a little crowded and probably can be arranged better, at least with Blender, I can actually change the DPI and have a larger viewable text. I don’t believe you can change in either Maya or ZBrush. I hope with don’t lose that functionality with an update. I don’t believe you can in DPI with Marvelous Designer either but, MD seems more dependent on icons with mouse hover for the text.

Glad to know I didn’t just imagine the Blender update. Hopefully, when it is out and not overly buggy, Micheal & company will consider a course upgrade. I know the updated Unity 2.0 seems much better to me than than the original. I am actually enjoying it so far.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m sure Autodesk would take a lot of issue with another software straight up copying their UI. Any changes surely won’t be that drastic, and I’m pretty sure lawyers would be prepping for war if Blender suddenly became Maya.

Having worked for a major NY law firm for 40 years before retiring, your comment about prepping for war is spot on. :wink:

After I was happily touting Blender’s DPI setting, I found out 2.79 has changed the name and where it is located in User Preferences! Go figure! I have had a terrible time with varying versions of Blender since Mac OS has been updated. Hopefully, it is fixed now.

Privacy & Terms