"could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually."

I need help fixing this error, I already followed the steps that was posted in another forum that was:

1. Closed Unreal Engine
  2. Removed Binaries, Build, Intermediate, Saved
  3. Deleted .sln file
  4. Reopen the .uproject

This project was created around 2 years ago using Unreal Engine 5.0, I’m currently on Unreal Engine 5.3
The project ONLY used Blueprint and wasn’t created using C++

If you have a Binaries, Intermediate, and .sln file (and Source) then that would be very unlikely. Any of those I just mentioned wouldn’t be in a blueprint only project; as they all exist for C++ code.

You’re probably running into this issue:

Hi, it still doesn’t work, I followed every step you put in that post.

I compiled the .sln that was generated after rebuilding in Visual Studio 2022, this is the errors that came up.

“could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually." still pops up btw, after I open the .uproject.

Please only show the output of compilation.

Build started at 2:26 PM…
1>------ Skipped Build: Project: UE5, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win64 ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>------ Build started: Project: Rocket_Simulator, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: BuildGraph.Automation, Configuration: Development Any CPU ------
4>------ Build started: Project: AutomationScripts.Automation, Configuration: Development Any CPU ------
2>Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
2>Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” DesignerEditor Win64 Development -Project=“C:\Users\pudomphornvirat\Desktop\rsim2\Rocket_simulator\Rocket_Simulator.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild
2>Log file: C:\Users\pudomphornvirat\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
2>Creating makefile for DesignerEditor (no existing makefile)
2>Total execution time: 0.80 seconds
2>Unable to find plugin ‘HttpHelper’ (referenced via Rocket_Simulator.uproject). Install it and try again, or remove it from the required plugin list.
2>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” DesignerEditor Win64 Development -Project=“C:\Users\pudomphornvirat\Desktop\rsim2\Rocket_simulator\Rocket_Simulator.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 6.
2>Done building project “Rocket_Simulator.vcxproj” – FAILED.
3>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildGraph\BgScriptReader.cs(1640,37,1640,42): error CS8604: Possible null reference argument for parameter ‘other’ in ‘void HashSet.UnionWith(IEnumerable other)’.
3>Done building project “BuildGraph.Automation.csproj” – FAILED.
4>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CheckForHacks.cs(87,26,87,45): error CA2017: Number of parameters supplied in the logging message template do not match the number of named placeholders (https://learn.microsoft.com/dotnet/fundamentals/code-analysis/quality-rules/ca2017)
4>Done building project “AutomationScripts.Automation.csproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 45 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
========== Build completed at 2:26 PM and took 03.042 seconds ==========

Is this what you wanted?

That says you’re missing a plugin

I got the plugin, now only 2 fails left, what do I do?

Build started at 9:38 PM…
1>------ Build started: Project: UE5, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win64 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: BuildGraph.Automation, Configuration: Development Any CPU ------
3>------ Build started: Project: AutomationScripts.Automation, Configuration: Development Any CPU ------
2>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildGraph\BgScriptReader.cs(1640,37,1640,42): error CS8604: Possible null reference argument for parameter ‘other’ in ‘void HashSet.UnionWith(IEnumerable other)’.
2>Done building project “BuildGraph.Automation.csproj” – FAILED.
3>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CheckForHacks.cs(87,26,87,45): error CA2017: Number of parameters supplied in the logging message template do not match the number of named placeholders (https://learn.microsoft.com/dotnet/fundamentals/code-analysis/quality-rules/ca2017)
3>Done building project “AutomationScripts.Automation.csproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 2 failed, 44 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Build completed at 9:38 PM and took 16.703 seconds ==========

Ok so the first error is found here:

The second one is this:

Please let me know how to fix it.

This appears to be about the problem you’re experiencing

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms