Chocks Away - my laser defender showcase

I just wanted to share how my laser defender game is coming along. I’ve converted it to a 3D project, downloaded some free models of planes which will be replaced by some my partner is making for the game.

It’s going to be a WW2 themed shootem up based on the battle of Britain with a fully voice acted storyline built for mobile platforms. Is that something you’d be interested in?

I’ve made some new pathing systems based off the one Rick showed us how to build. One where the enemies attempt to aim at the player by rotating towards you, then veering off once they get within a certain range so as not to kamikaze into you. As well as 2 more types using quadratic and cubic bezier curves (which I think are really cool and was a lot of fun to code!). With the bezier curve types I also calculate the angle they’re travelling and rotate the plane accordingly!
Anyway here’s a quick video showing you what I have so far

The aesthetics of this project are going to be completely overhauled so don’t worry about any of that. I’d like to know if anyone would be interested in having a go at the game, what you guys think of how the plane moves and your thoughts on the enemy planes movements.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms