Chess with Generated textures

This so far has been one of my favorite lessons I’ve really enjoyed playing with the different textures and seeing all the different results.

Mine although it might not be as realistic as other textures I really like the results.

Please comment any improvements

3 Likes

The black tiles are very distracting, for your final showcase I suggest something a little more subtle, right now the board is the protagonist which might not be a good idea if you are trying to showcase your pieces.

2 Likes

Very good indeed. I do agree the black tiles do distract a little and almost try to steal the show. I could see them working on a more contemporary style chess board. Great overall though.

And as you asked for comments, I would maybe consider rotating your pieces a little. I know you just have the bishops so far that aren’t (I think it’s) laterally symmetrical (actually they are across one plane, but you know what I mean), with the little recess.

I couldn’t see the recess on the white pieces until I viewed the full resolution and noticed it on the black pieces.

I’ve heard it said: “imperfection is the digital perfection”, or something like that?

1 Like

Thanks @Yee @Josa_Booba.

I’ve added some changes to both the white and black squares into a black marble and also performed some piece rotation thanks again and I’ve included a picture.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m liking these changes a lot. Now they don’t distract from the pieces, AND they don’t compete with the nice texture you have for the board’s base.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms