here, I include a link to my version of the BlockBreaker. Although I’d like to add more stuff have in mind, I decided to keep it like it is now, because I want to move on to the next exercise.
I did some modifications:
- I changed the sprites to get some more nice textures
- change the effect of the smoke (kind of sparks fx now),
- I added different sound effects depending on the surface where the ball is bouncing on (walls, paddle, brick, unbreakable brick)
- showing the level number and the score, being updated in runtime.
- added the ability of keeping down the left or the right button of the mouse, to force the ball on going to the right or left
- I scaled up a bit the bricks, some times it was a bit frustrating, and the game experience wasn’t really nice.
I think that’s all. Maybe I’ll add more stuff at some point, because with a so simple game, it’s really funny to add new features.