Character Creation Course, skip to animation with block man?

For my first introduction to Blender I opted to take the character creation course instead of the “Complete” Blender course. So I am not really familiar with the software yet but I am almost finished with my block man. Just a couple lessons left!

Am I able to skip to the animation section and rig up my block man? May I tie these two sections together like that? Of course I want to do the intermediate sections as well but after the block man I will go back to Unity programming but when I return to Blender it would be so cool to make this guy move around :smiley:

-Shawn

I think the best way is just to follow the steps shown in this course.

Of course, you can deviate from this and rig your model, just to have something to work on in Unity.
But then, maybe you can download a fully rigged Unity character somewhere?
It all depends on what you want to learn. But the path wide and long.
Best is then just to follow the path Grant will show you. If gives you the basic knowledge of the process.
The rest is up to you.

2 Likes

Now that I have built “something” in blender I wanted to learn a bit about how animation works too. I am asking here because I am not sure if that unit refers to information given in previous units or if it is complete in itself. I will follow your advice though and not skip ahead in the course.

I might look elsewhere just to get my tongue wet though. I should be doing a bit of animation in the 2D course as well which will be fun!

If you want to do animation only, then why not using Blender completely?
Blender animation is handled very superficially in this course. The same for grease pencil, where you can create great 2D animation stuff. I find this myself an amazing new piece of Blender software.
You should look online blender tutorials on this subject. Or ask questions here. I like animations, but it is a long and difficult path (if you want to do a large project).

What is discussed here in the lessons is how to import an object (and animation) in Unity and solving these migration problems. So you learn every main aspect of Blender. The rest is up to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms