Change the pivot point for scaling

Hello everyone! I’m working on the final challenge of the first section and I’m trying to create a really elementary house (like the first drawing of a kid :rofl: ) But I’m having a doubt on how I can scale the selected tile piece in the picture in order to make it a floor/roof. If I scale it the scaling starts from the center. Is there a way to “move” the pivot point to the corner?? Of course I can scale and move the piece until it fix the whole house but it’s not a good solution. I’m a newbie with this course so I don’t know if there’s a answer more ahead in the course (the other topics are not so clear about that)… Thanks everybody for the help!

Hi,

You could go into edit mode and select the vertex where you want the pivot point and then use shift and S to move the 3d cursor to selection.
Then you can change the option at the top middle of the screen to use the 3d cursor as the pivot point.
Dont forget to reset the pivot point when done back to median :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any issues.

Handy tip: Irresistiblejelly’s suggestion works for edges and faces in addition to vertices.

If you’d like to permanently change your object’s origin, try this: once you’ve moved the 3D cursor in edit mode (using the method Irresistiblejelly described), go back to object mode and with with your object selected, right-click and choose Set Origin>Origin to 3D cursor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms