Challenge - Aeronaut's Escape!

Here’s my diagram, I know you can’t read the text, but i just wanted to share how unweildy it got, even with what i felt like were pretty straight forward choices!

Lessons learned:

• It’s not as easy as just giving the player a lot of choice, often given too much choice and it makes the decision hard to make.
  • Equally it is quite difficult to not overly punish or underpunish the player for suboptimal decisions, it’s obviously all designed to be fun but with no risk of failure it’s no different from a novel; whereas if they fail too much it becomes an exercise in frustration.
  • With that said, every ending is a continuation not taken (at least in my case), so this could have gotten very unweildy, very quickly.

Future Improvements:
I feel if I designed another game like this in future i’d like to include items or statistic checks, that sort of thing, it would expand the scope a fair amount but i think it would be interesting. Additionally currently I’m unsure how you would implement optional dialogue choices in code, so maybe something to consider in future.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms