Cereal, anyone?

Super clever!

how did you made hole in cube? and can you do it with other objects? thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If you’re referring to the top of his cereal box, that’s easy. You just set Blender to view from Top, select the top face/polygon, and hit Delete. It will probably give you a popup menu to ask what you actually want to delete, so choose Faces Only, as you don’t want to delete the vertices/points in each of the corners, as they hold the front, back and sides together.

That’s true @Miss_B but not how I did it. The way you described would leave you with a faceless box (the inside of the box would then be the back of the faces, this will make sense later if you haven’t reached the lesson about ‘normals’ yet). I have done it differently.

@Anirudh_Singh… Once I made the rectangular shape I selected the top face (the one that is open). I extruded (e) and then scaled (s) and made a smaller face only by a little bit. Then once that was done I extruded (e) into the box again to make a hole inside. Here is a wireframe shot of what it looks like…

Thanks for your interest! :smiley: I hope that helps!

The way you described would leave you with a faceless box (the inside of the box would then be the back of the faces.

Correct. I’ve been working in Blender off and on for years, but wasn’t thinking of how the inside of the box would look. I’ve created wine and champagne glasses with outside and inside faces with Spin, rather than box modeling, so I wasn’t thinking in those terms. The way you described is correct if you want the inside to be seen, as you want it to look as good as the outside of the box. :slightly_smiling_face:

Privacy & Terms