Cartography Booster (Project Boost)

The Story:

You are a professor joining an expedition team on a island in the sky, recently discovered through a feint signal which could potentially be the result of magnetic repulsion. The team wishes to explore the island and discover its secrets, but must first gain an idea of where they’ll be going while remaining cautious of any lingering threats in the caverns within.

Objective:

Use your experimental miniature rocket to explore the caverns and obtain the geographic data you need to develop a MAP system to navigate the cavern depths and discover what lies within the island, all at the comfort of your home base.

Developer’s Note:

Had to think carefully about how to approach this one, as I have not taken any other courses by GameDev.tv yet (Blender, Pixel art, etc), so I figured I would go for something simple with what resources I have while taking after one of my inspirational games: Cave Story, a 2D game by Studio Pixel. Anyone who’s played the game may have an idea on what I’m doing with this, but I hope other students who see this are willing to play Cave Story at some point; it’s a great game, I assure you!

Privacy & Terms