Carriage To Doom

https://sharemygame.com/@adamantpigeon/carriage-to-doom

Very neat! I love making text adventures games, because they’re such a good way to learn the flow of a script. I love the text you used, and the background works well enough.

I’d probably suggest adding a little background music - maybe even make it so the music changes depending on what’s happening in the scene.

I think my only other complaint (and this is very nitpicky, because I know you were going for a short adventure and not a long one) is that with every choice in this game, there’s a right one and a wrong one (except for one I found, where either you knock the carriage over or remove your shackles). It’d be really cool if you could have different paths that led to different story consequences without you losing.

Keep up the awesome work! I look forward to seeing what else you make! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really appreciate you checking it out!

Criticism well deserved, haha. I wanted to advance further in the course, so did not go too in depth with the story and gameplay, not much going on here. The wonderful thing is that it works :smile: and I actually understand how and have a bunch of ideas on how I could improve it.

Thank you for your feedback, I’ll keep posting as the instructor suggests, it does help a lot to overcome this “it better just stay in my drawer” feeling. Back in college I developed a bunch of cool little games, some were actually quite promising, but I never had courage to share them online and now I regret that, they are all lost and never even got a chance to see the light of day.

1 Like

That’s awesome! It definitely feels good when you hit those “IT WORKS!” moments, haha. I used to see those meme jokes where on one hand, “Why isn’t my code working?” and other times “Why is my code working?” Haha.

Keep it up! It’s really great when you take time to make something on your own that you’re interested in. It really helps you solidify what you’ve learned, or find opportunities to remember things you forgot or to just learn something totally new!

I’m sorry some of your favorite ideas never got to see the light of day. :frowning: I hope you can reimagine some of them today and put them out into the world!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms