Cant run regular function?

Not sure what the problem is? realized i wasnt running thru cmd at first and couldn’t compile but now i get this error when trying to run?

1 Like

Have you complied it already using the below command?

cl TripleX.cpp

That command should generate an exe and obj file in the same path as the cpp file. You can then execute the exe file via one of the below commands:

TripleX.exe

OR

TripleX

I have successfully compiled it and all. And Im able to get it to run by using “.\triplex” but not sure whats up. Doesnt like like I’ve created a .exe file either in the folder.

After taking a look again at your screenshot, I see the issue.

In your terminal, you are using “powershell” instead of Command Prompt (cmd)

In order to update the terminal to use cmd instead of powershell, click that dropdown and click “Select Default Shell”

Then, there should be a list of shells that you can select from that pops up in the top middle of the editor, as seen below:

Note: I have Git Bash as an extra shell that you may not have

Select the “Command Prompt” option and then close your current terminal and reopen it in the menu at the top or with the shortcut. In the end, your terminal should look something like this with “cmd” in the dropdown on the top right of the terminal:

Now you should be able to run the command you tried initially once you navigate to the correct folder if it isn’t already there (command looks to be case insensitive)

tripleX
1 Like

Oh wow. Thanks for real. It was bugging me a lot. But quick question, how far can I get with the c++ knowledge I’ll get from this course? Like can I move straight to learning data structures and algorithms or even search for a job?

The course goes over using each of those but not creating your own. If by algorithms you mean generic ones like TArray, TMap and FindIf, Sort. etc.

Privacy & Terms