Can't connect via NULL Subsystem when using two separate computers

As the title suggests, I can’t connect two machines together that are on the same subnet using the NULL OSS, but I can connect client to host on the same PC no problem. I’ve Googled the issue extensively and tried several of the suggestions to no avail. I’ve also looked at the example code in ShooterGame and some other examples but cannot seem to locate the source of the problem.

It think in this case it may be possible that the issue lies outside of the actual code. I’ve verified that both machines are on the same subnet (they are wired into the same gateway). Since these are work machines, I cannot change Windows Firewall settings, but I read that it shouldn’t matter for machines plugged into the same gateway. That being said I don’t know the specific details of Windows Firewall and how it handles LAN connections.

Anyway, just wanted to reach out on the boards to see if anyone had run into the same issue and had any suggestions.

Solved! It turns out the other machine I was using to try to connect to the machine hosting the game had a virtual ethernet adapter set as the default. Setting the ‘real’ adapter to the default did the trick.

Huzzah! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms