Can't change Reference Resolution on Canvas Scaler

So trying to follow along with the section on publishing the Text101 game. I changed the aspect ratio to 16:9 on the game tab and then try to modify the canvas after switching it to “Scale with screen size”. But it doesn’t let me change any of the values. And when I try to drag the points on the box, it doesn’t let me do that. Also, I notice that I can’t use the transform options either…not that I’d want to move it but just an observation.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue?

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Which version of Unity do you use? Could you please share screenshots of what you see in Unity and maybe also of what you would like to achieve? Theoretically, the canvas scaler should work but maybe it doesn’t for your specific problem. Did you read the manual on how to use it?

Well, I don’t really know why, but this morning I was able to get it to work. Perhaps it was just something where I needed to restart Unity for one reason or another? I don’t know. All is good now though, so thanks for your help anyway!

Awesome. I’m glad the problem solved itself. It’s not uncommon that restarting “magically” fixes issues. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms