Cannot launch Unreal Editor

Hello

I’ve tried launching Unreal Editor as usual and I keep getting this message. It’s never done this before. It was working fine yesterday and as soon as I try to launch my SimpleShooter project today I get this message. I’ve tried Development Clean and Rebuild in VS Code but same result. Has anybody else experienced this?

What can I do to fix it? How do I rebuild from source manually?

Thank you

Can you compile the code in Visual Studio by opening the vs project file alone and compile it with ctrl shift b ? The log seams to report an error at these lines:

Did you add GameplayTasks module in public dependancy in the build.cs file of your project

Summary
// Copyright Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class SimpleShooter : ModuleRules
{
	public SimpleShooter(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
	{
		PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs;

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "GameplayTasks" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] {  });

// Uncomment if you are using Slate UI
		// PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });

// Uncomment if you are using online features
		// PrivateDependencyModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem");

// To include OnlineSubsystemSteam, add it to the plugins section in your uproject file with the Enabled attribute set to true
	}
}

This kind of errors is often due to an error in the code.
You can read the last comment of this page of Sam with more explanation of this kind of errors

1 Like

@Philx That seems to have worked. Unreal Editor launched again successfully. Thank you!! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms