Can you give provide feedback/insight on the gameplay of my game Portal Reign?

Hi Martin,

I built your game, the version I have here after all of the changes above, and when I ran it it played the music at the beginning and the explosion sound effect just as it did when it was being run in Unity.

I can only assume you’ve made other changes which may have influenced this.

Yeah, Rob, I wish that was the case the only changes I made were the changes I added after I couldn’t hear the explosion sound anymore. I can remove those changes of code added after the fact but it won’t make much difference. I made no changes before at all I do apologize if for this I never meant to give you more work. I also unzipped the save of the work you did and still no explosion sound :frowning:

Rob, the last thing I want to do is have you upset with me. I had a older version saved from the 4th of this January this version was saved before I attempted to make these changes we made last. I recreated my steps and followed all your instruction. I tried to build the game again but not explosion sound. All the cs scripts are identical to what we worked on. Either I miss something or maybe you for got something. :frowning:

Was this a different version to the version you zipped and shared with myself?

Yes it is. Good Morning. Once this game is done I want to post you in credits I hope you don’t mind? I plain to make a new scene. First a second splash screen with the player getting out the ship then the user can walk the player to a door into a cave becomes a fps game with character walking and controlled by the user killing aliens. You are going to be amazed by the assets I going to update this game with from Daz3D. Its going to be awesome Thanks to you helping with this portion. I’m truly grateful and will not forget :wink:

I apologize no this the exact version I zip up and shared with you. Before making any changes we worked on at the weekend.

Just look at the dates of the Portal_Reign zip files please:

Rob, Good Morning, The sound works when I build for PC, Mac & Linux Standalone but not for WebGL :frowning:

Rob, it was Unity I just fixed the issue switch platforms did the trick from PC, Mac & Linux Standalone to WebGL. Please don’t hold this against me I will still need some help Pal in case I get stuck with my updates. :thinking:

I’m glad you managed to resolve the issue yourself Martin.

No need for any payment or crediting by the way, my time was volunteered. If you want to apply a credit anywhere, perhaps consider linking back to GameDev.tv as they created the course you used to build your game. :slight_smile:

I will do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to work on my Gitkraken set up to make it easier on both of us.

Learning Git would be a big benefit for you, it will aid you when you want to share your project with anyone, not just myself. More importantly, it will give you the ability to manage the changes in your project more appropriately, returning to a previous commit (or branch) when something goes terribly wrong for example.

I have said it several times before but I will say it again, for good measure, start learning/practising with a project which is not your current Portal Reign project. It could be literally an empty scene in a new project, then add a cube, commit the changes, push them to the remote repository and so on. Play/learn with something that doesn’t matter if you trash it/break it/delete it.

Here’s some resources for you to get you started;

On the GitKraken page, scroll down to the videos section, there are some tutorials that will take you through the beginner steps.

The Udemy course I’ve linked you to isn’t about GitKraken, its about using Git with GitHub. This course is free. The instructor is Jason Taylor, he does a very good job of explaining things in this introduction course, he offers paid for courses also which you may be interested in afterwards, see how you get on with the free course first. If you like the instructor and material, Udemy currently have an offer on and his other courses appear to be available for $9.99. I am no affiliate of his, but when I wanted to find out more about Git this was where I started.

There are videos linked from the Git Documentation and a variety of How To’s on the GitHub help site.

Further reading;

• Wikipedia: Git

Don’t rush this topic - take your time - use dummy projects that can be destroyed - experiment - learn from mistakes. When you’ve got a good understanding of it, then use it with your own project.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Rob, I notice the game at start point crashes and ends the game quick you have any suggestion on how I can fix this issue try it let me know I made some updates on turning and player / some enemy movements. https://www.dmmsdi.com/prweb/index.html

By the way I got Git account I able to commit there in android development I creating a app can we share my work for the game through Git and GitHUb instead?

I’ve responded in your new topic;

Privacy & Terms