C++ won't compile no matter what I do

I’m doing the unreal5 course, and no matter what I do the compiler always throws some error. At one point I had over 10k in errors. Currently there are 15 errors and about 100 warnings. I think that I am missing something either in the install process, because I have done nothing besides create an actor class and try to compile it. I’ve tried various compilers, various versions of Visual Studio and nothing has worked, what else can I do?

Is there any chance one of the folders in your file path has an apostrophe in the name?

Not to the main project, this current time I just created a project with the default title “MyProject” and left everything as is, and tried to create a class, I created several, all with the same or similar results. When I add the most recent version of Visual Studio I get an error about version 1.2 not being a supported version. I fix this error, that’s when all the other errors start. I’ll start another project only to get the same gagillion errors.

That is the problem. Unreal’s build tool doesn’t work with the latest VS compiler. Please see this thread
Cannot build due to .json file version not supported - #5 by DanM

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms