BullCowGame problem rebuilding on MAC

when I try rebuilding the project I get a fatal error saying i need to rebuild manually, the log’s error says:

Found mono via known Mono.framework path
Running installed mono, version: Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.140 (2020-02/51d876a041e Thu Apr 29 10:44:55 EDT 2021)
/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.22/Engine /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.22/Engine/Binaries/Mac
Creating makefile for BullCowGameEditor (ini files are newer than makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for BullCowGameEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “/Users/fendiabouhassan/Desktop/UDEMY LEARNING/BullCowGame-starter-kit/BullCowGame.uproject” “/Users/fendiabouhassan/Desktop/UDEMY LEARNING/BullCowGame-starter-kit/Intermediate/Build/Mac/BullCowGameEditor/Development/BullCowGameEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
LogMac: Warning: dlopen failed: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.22/Engine/Binaries/Mac/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSymbolication.framework/Versions/Current/CoreSymbolication, 0x0005): tried: ‘/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.22/Engine/Binaries/Mac/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSymbolication.framework/Versions/Current/CoreSymbolication’ (no such file), ‘/Library/Frameworks/CoreSymbolication.framework/Versions/Current/CoreSymbolication’ (no such file), ‘/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreSymbolication.framework/Versions/Current/CoreSymbolication’ (no such file)
Reflection code generated for BullCowGameEditor in 5.7667857 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 2 actions (12 in parallel)
[1/2] Link UE4Editor-BullCowGame.dylib
clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/Current/MultitouchSupport’
LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: BullCowGame
LogExit: Preparing to exit.
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module DesktopPlatform (40)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AnimationModifiers (38)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module PropertyEditor (37)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AudioEditor (34)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module TextureCompressor (32)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RenderCore (30)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Landscape (28)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SlateRHIRenderer (26)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AudioMixerAudioUnit (24)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CoreAudio (22)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AnimGraphRuntime (20)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Renderer (18)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Engine (16)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CoreUObject (14)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module NetworkFile (12)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CookedIterativeFile (10)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module StreamingFile (8)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (6)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (4)
LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RSA (3)
LogExit: Exiting.

I can’t find a file in ‘/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/Current/<ultitouchSupport’

please help I am new to unreal

Hi Fendzilla,
the problem you’re experiencing is documented here Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-97265) and it’s considered resolved upgrading to UE version 4.26

It would help to know a little more info: what’s your OS version? What Unreal Engine version are you using?

There’s a topic from Jul 2020 here in GameDev forum about a very similar issue:

Hi Arilal,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried running it on different versions of UE, 4.22.3 4.25.4, 4.27.2. all gave the same error.
my mac is running the Monterey version 12.0.1.
I will try working my way around it with the link you have shared. if any additional information is available please let me know.

Are you sure it’s exactly the same for 4.27?

After trying to update Xcode and connecting the git, 4.27 worked on bull cow. Thank you for your help! I’m back on track now :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms