BullCowGame built with different version of Unreal

I downloaded and tried to open BullCowGame in UE 4.22.3 and it keeps telling me that the version that I am trying to open was made with a different version of Unreal Engine. I have deleted the binaries and plugins directories so that it will rebuild with the version of Unreal that I have and it will not build the game. Is there any other way that I can open it with UE 4.22.3? This is becoming frustrating because of not being able to use it. I have deleted the binaries and plugins folder in different versions of games in Unreal before and it will usually rebuild everything to work with the version I use. Please help, don’t see a way to complete this course without the files.

It says the binaries for the module are missing OR that. In your situation it’s the former and it’s failing to compile.

You’re going to have to provide me with the log in Saved > Logs for me to tell you why it’s failing to compile.

I was able to fix it by opening the BullCowGame.uproject in Rider (since I don’t use VS) and change the version to 4.22.3 and it fixed it. Now it opens as normal.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms