Building Game Mechanics in an Arena

I’m am currently working on creating open world mechanics in Unreal as my way of expanding on the material I learn in the Unreal C++ Course. I am also using an Open World Series made by Code Like Me on YouTube to give me structure. I am going to spend the rest of the year working on this. So far I am really satisfied with what I am able to create in C++. I am going to post updates. Stay Tuned!

Little preview

1 Like

Had some fun today!

!!! Attention !!!

I have moved from first person to third person!

Still working hard on getting through Combat. Once I wrap my head through creating combat and combos I’ll start rolling out with weekly updates on Wednesday’s.

Here are some pictures.

I’m having a blast creating this open world game in Unreal using Blueprints and C++. I am having a lot of bugs and glitches happen and i’m not sure why. It might be because i’m trying so hard to have it work in C++ with BP and my lack of knowledge is not blending the two together well. I’ll keep at it. Most of the movement and combat is in BP. I am going to be doing most of AI in C++ and Behavior Trees.

I am moving to LA to pursue my Game Development Dreams. I won’t be posting that much. Once I’m settled I will commit to an update every Wednesday! No matter how long it takes I will build an open world using C++

Here is my progress so far!

![Screenshot (383)|690x388](upload://jJc4gh6i3lIOnRHu3vK1q9EWmDJ:smiley: ng)

Enjoy! :smiley:

Don’t worry still here :wink:

Update will be coming shortly!

As I am increasing my programming skills I’ve decided to go through the Unreal course all over again. I am going to take my time and do all the challenges and really push myself to learn as much as I can so I can get a job at the end of the year. I will post updates most likely in a new thread.

Privacy & Terms