Building Escape Crypt

ey guys,

Here’s some screen grabs from my crypt escape room level. Don’t be tempted by the gargoyles (although you can pick them up) - they won’t be heavy enough. Look for the statue with the extra lighting down in the courtyard for something a little heavier…

There is a bit of the outside lighting bleeding in to the level. I don’t seem to be able to get rid of this, even if i bring the walls in or cover the whole thing with a bit of geometry (not very pretty). I also had some really weird holes that i could fall through when using the dungeon floor (although the crypt floor meshes are much better). That said, i love the combination of guttering orange torches and candles vs the moody outside. :slight_smile:

just hoping vulkan (linux) support gets better so i can move on from opengl4…

2 Likes

I did an upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 and it looks like the NVidia 440 driver fixes the issue with vulkan crashing unreal engine so i did this in OBS

1 Like

Amazing level design and great job checking out what was causing the vulkan to crash the engine!

1 Like

I have another post somewhere. It looks like vulkan is better with Nvidia 440 drivers but instead of crashing, vulkan is causing periodic system freezes and the lighting breaks. I’m sticking with OpenGL for now

Privacy & Terms