Brick Breaker!

Hey everyone! Just finished up Brick Breaker challenge in the 2D Unity Game Developer Course and thought I’d share my upload to itchio! It’s free to play in the browser if you’d like to give it a try and let me know if anything’s broken still! Oh! And make sure to play it full screen, not sure why, but the WebGL player cuts off some of the sides, but not in FullScreen.

Bridge Cannoneer

2 Likes

The aesthetics a good. The sound is good. The lack bounciness of the ball hitting the paddle make it not feel like a brick breaker game though. I also can’t really tell what parts of the paddle are bouncy and what parts the ball just goes straight through. Edit: On another couple of tries, I’ve found the problem. The paddle is way too small.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to try it out! I will try to make it clearer in future iterations about not only play instructions, but also predictable behaviors!

Thanks again!

1 Like

no problem, man, you killed everything aesthetic-wise and the launch component was awesome. It’s mostly the paddle. Besides that, it’s freaking awesome!

1 Like

Thanks, Panda! Oh, and sooooo… facepalm, I completely uploaded my test version so you would get to the game over screen faster. I uploaded the right version this time so you shouldn’t lose unless your point total goes below zero! Sorry about that!

1 Like

Was able to play it to completion! It was really good! The shuriken got lodged between the spikes at the top a few times though XD

1 Like

Hey, thanks! Yeah that happens, I think I’ll fix that by adding some rotation on the star, should probably work! I’ll get back to it, just finished the Space Shooter part of the course, that was a fun one. =D

1 Like

Right?! The shooter was a lot of fun to make.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms