Break It 2 Play It (Block breaker game)

I know it may not be all that special but here’s the game.

Liked the way it plays, like a music box.

1 Like

I really like the level design, how the cubes that are tilted helps the ball get to interesting places.

Also the musical notes when it hits is a super cool idea. I would check online to find nice chord progression though because it’s really nice when the ball hit blocks slowly but when it hits multiple blocks or in quick succession it sounds cacophonic a little. With chord progression you know that the notes playing together will sound nice.

Nice game :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you both. The notes were my first time actually using a synthesizer program, Rytmik, I probably can make the notes into a song and have it play the next element in the array instead of a random one. I have some ideas on how to do that though. Thank you both for the feedback.

2 Likes

I very much like the concept of your sound/music system. Having special different accords or a song (as you said) would be very nice indeed.
The thing I was missing is a way to lose for keeping the player more engaged.
Nice thing you changed the paddle accordingly to your game!

1 Like

There is a way to love if you run out of lives but, perhaps you’re right. I mainly put the lives in because I’m not great at brick breaker games (never really have been) so it was more to compensate for those that aren’t all that great at them. ^^’

1 Like

I hear you, I am not great at them either. It still is more challenging though.

Privacy & Terms