Bowling scene

Dear people who takes Blender course!
I saw here quite a lot of almost professionally done scenes. I also have had some experience with Blender before starting course.

Do not be afraid of sharing any work you did, even if it is still not high level! You will reach it soon in this course.

Regarding my work - please let me know about any recommendations or scene improvements.

3 Likes

Nice job, Its always worth checking out the next section and revisiting this model with what you have learn there and see if you can improve on it :wink:
This actually applies to all the courses :slight_smile:

Offhand maybe rounding off the lane dividers so they are not looking so sharp would be a way to progress.

You are completely right though NEVER be afraid of sharing your work, I did less in my image but i was working on unity at the same time so wanted the assets for the game :smiley:

This is one from april 2016 when i came though the course before it was redone and improved.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the comment :slight_smile: I will follow your advise and improve the model any time I progress in Blender :slight_smile:
Your model looks very realistic on the shaders and mirroring, and the scene of breaking pins apart looks nice!
Question - triangles seen on the upper corner - are they caused by double extrusion or the shade or something else?

And how is your Unity course?
I picked this one โ€œLearn to code by making gamesโ€, but decided to start it only after finishing Blender.
DId you pick the same, how did you like it?

I actually think that is an issue with the graphics card that caused those triangles. I had an older gtx 660 and when i came to the unreal course it dropped from 160fps to 0fps trying to build terrain lol.

If you have the Unity course i think you do which is Ben Tristemโ€™s I actually did that first as the unity course uses the bowling pin and ball from the blender course so they are slightly linked (They do provide seperate assets in case you did not have the blender course).
I have actually finished the Unity course now but i recommend getting the blender phython course and watch for the unity asstes pipeline course as well. These are looking to be a must have for unity developers to make REALLY nice assets :slight_smile:

Thanks for the compliment as i liked making that scene and had a lot of fun in the untiy course. I hope you will too and looking forward to seeing your work there too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms