Bowling Pillar

First post! I had used Blender a lot in the past so I have just been watching the lectures for a helpful refresher up to this point. Enjoying the course!

I took the ‘something else entirely’ route, but still got good first experience with the skills of the lesson. Decided to model this little pillar sitting around my house, and plan to use it as a bowling pin in the next part of this section. I tried using the bezier curve at first, but had trouble with wanting to space some control points far apart and others quite close. I couldn’t find a way to make the resolution preview vary between control points, and so I just used a path to do the same, which seemed similar enough. If anyone knows, is there a way to vary the resolution preview between control points of a bezier curve?

1 Like

Welcome to this site.

I don’t think there is a way to vary the resolution. I suspect you could make separate sections then join them later. Or use the highest and dissolve or merge loops out later after conversion to mesh.

Will be a different pin!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blender+a+way+to+vary+the+resolution+preview+between+control+points+of+a+bezier+curve&t=ffab&ia=web

Privacy & Terms