Bowling Alley Scene

I had to “test my might” here.
I decided to create a replica bowling lane and texture the wood material. painted the markers and textured & painted the bowling ball. I used different material setups to achieve material custom looks and design. A combination of noise texture nodes, veronoi texture nodes, and wave texture nodes to create cool designs on surfaces of the different objects within the scene.

I haven’t had much practice with the correct way to light up objects as of yet, but i hope you all enjoy!
-one more step towards my goal, cheers! :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Ohhh, those bowling pins need a good scrubbing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The bowling ball’s texture is a bit busy, as it’s hard to see the finger wholes, even though you colored them green.

2 Likes

lol.

I decided to make the ball in this way to try and mimic the cool designs of bowling balls sold in stores. I wasn’t thinking of that… but ill definitely keep that in mind. cheers

1 Like

You clearly know something about bowling. Not a thing I have ever seen for real. Lanes have markings? Well done replicating such details.

As @Miss_B says the pins are ‘grubby’ in a good effect way. The ball is psychedelic and a great texture achievement. Though in the last image it looks somehow unreal? Glowing possibly, is it emissive a bit? Somehow it loses its shape and seems more like a floating colourful disk.

1 Like

I think its due to the high reflection of the ball and distance to the camera, on a background with less affect from the lighting.

I see what u mean tho. thanks for the input!

Privacy & Terms