Blender Environment Course Final Render

Finished the Course today. I learned a lot new things, especially about texturing.
I wanted to share my final result. In the second picture i tried to add some fog, maybe its too much :smile:

7 Likes

Both good in their own way. Great job.

Perhaps fog should be over the water rather than the island?

4 Likes

Not if it’s ‘Fog Island’!!! Bwahahahahaha!!! :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

How would that be for tourism?

“Welcome to Fog Island! We’re sorry, all the fog has gone out over the water for the time being, but don’t worry, it should be back soon…” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really like the sky in the BG of the first one. Great colors!

4 Likes

I tried the fog over the water, turned out pretty good in my opinion.

6 Likes

I love the fog on the water. The trees are great too!

4 Likes

But the tourists!!! What about the tourists? :worried:

Why come there ain’t no fog on Fog Island? :rofl:

4 Likes

I like the sky color and the atmosphere in the first render :heart_eyes:. In the second render all that fog on the island gives it an early morning feel :cold_face:. The fog above the water in the third render gives it a mysterious feeling as if the island is sitting in the clouds or something :star_struck:.
Your house models looks amazing. I like the lighting, trees, rocks and the reflections.Nice boat by the way.
Overall marvelous job.

5 Likes

Nice idea about the fog island :rofl:. Fare warning!! If you are gonna wake up early in the morning and go out to see the fog, bring a yellow flashlight with you. Or you might end up in a ditch or worse, you will go swimming with fishes in the cold morning :joy_cat:. But if that is your idea of fun HAVE FUN!! :rofl:

5 Likes

The fog needed a vacation too! But it will be back in time when the next tourists arrive :rofl:

3 Likes

It is ok, they go out in row boats and collect it with very fine netting bags, so it can be released on the island for the tourists. Also means they can sell them a bag of fog as a souvenir!

3 Likes

@NP5

That would be the labor of the indigenous peoples of Fog Island, the Fog Hunters!

Their chief export, as it were.

Bags of fog available in the gift shop! :grinning:

Oh I like the way you think! :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :rofl:

Story mode activated!

3 Likes

The first render looks amazing. But thise elongated reflections of yellow light in the water look a bit peculiar to me. Maybe try to blur them out a bit or make them smaller?

3 Likes

I agree with @Gordon as I’ve seen a good many versions of this course’s scene, and they all have those elongated reflections, which I don’t particularly care for. Blurring them would help, especially since there’s fog over the water, and that too should blur them some.

4 Likes

@Gordon @Miss_B Thanks for the feedback! I looked into it but didn’t manage to achieve smaller reflections with a blur. But i noticed that the distortion of the water plane is causing the elongation.
So i just reduced it:

4 Likes

Nice mirror dimension :rofl:. I LIKE it. Looks amazing with the reflections in my opinion.
I shouldn’t have watched ST. Now I am getting ideas about alternate dimensions.

2 Likes

This still water reflection looks beautiful, too. Nice job fixing it! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree, as it’s now looking as I would expect it to look. :grinning:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms