Blender chess set

I want to creat a chess set like the one in the photo but didn’t understand where to start ?
I started learning blender from this course only and currently one the chess set session so I don’t have any experience at all.
Can i make this chess set with the current knowledge I have?

1 Like

Great ambition, but, I would say as a complete beginner no, it is not possible for you yet to make such a set. Further you would struggle a lot and get very frustrated at this point in your learning of Blender. Human and animal forms are very tough to do. That is why the course uses simple things for the first lectures and sections.

Later there is a head modeling entire section, on just making a head. Once you master that, then you can extrapolate the concepts to a whole person. There is even a whole separate Game Dev course all about making a ‘character’ an ogre, That would probably be a great help after you have done the beginners course.

1 Like

Blender is a massive application. And therefore much to learn how to create and manage such 3D models. The chessboard challenge is basically a starter level to learn specific Blender tools. Real advice would be to follow and finish the complete course.
Because you need the learn things about:

• Block modeling
  • Scultping
  • Low and high poly designs
  • Maps (baking)
  • Material nodes
  • Workflow

So many subjects to get acquainted with. So study more. But that said, you can just start and see how far you can come. Have fun, that the main idea.

Yes I feel like same
I ended up in wasting my 3 hours in making pawn and ended up with deleting each and every thing.
But now I have chess piece created what can I do of that??

You could post a render (or just a screenshot) of the chess piece you’ve created, and then folks could possibly give you some recommendations as to what you should work on next.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms