Blender Animation & Rigging Exporting FBX’s - Scale issue

I’m using blender 3.6.4 On import my animation is bing scaled but only the head an shoulders. I’ve tried:

• In pose mode, creating a new animation, that contains only a single frame, and removed all scaling before export.
  • In object mode, applying scale to all objects before exporting.
  • Changing ‘Simplfy’ to a value of 0 in the FBX exporter.

After importing in pose mode:

Its importing into Unity the same way.

1 Like

You need to apply scale to all objects before you make any keyframes.

1 Like

In this case I’m sure I did that when I started the tutorial. But with some more research and watching the “Fixing Action Issues” section i got some insight into this issue. The Game Rig Tools tutorial videos give a run down of the problem. In a nut shell rigify does not play well with FBX exporting due to the way it uses parenting in building the rigify rig. Bottom line is don’t use rigify if you are planning on exporting to FBX. Use another option.

1 Like

FBX as an issue was mentioned in this YT tutorial I added here as reference to the perennial problem of game engine uses and importing Blender models. He give some guidance and alternative recommendation of a more modern file format.
Perhaps it solves animation rigging transfers issues too?

1 Like

Ok so i just watched all the tutorials for the blender addon Game Rig Tools and worked it into my existing project. So what was not make clear in the last section of this tutorial (Fixing Action Issues) was that Game Rig Tools does not create a control rig as rigify is designed to do, it will instead take any control rig or one created by rigify and make a new FBX friendly metarig from the control rig (object ‘rig’ in the tutorial) and the metarig (object ‘metarig’ in the tutorial). Next you pre-bake your existing animations for the new metarig. The new baked animations and metarig will export correctly into a FBX file. You will still need to use the bake animations in the FBX export. After setup it adds about thirty seconds or less to the export process.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms