Bezier Curve- The Bain of my existence

I’m ashamed, proud, and exhausted to present two alterations of the base of lamp. Manipulating the curves wasn’t working for me for the past few hours…lol, but I have a dream!

So I persisted through the grueling exercise consisting of left click, adjust, Rage!, Repeat called “Bezier Curve; Do WHAT I WANT” and finally I can say I’ve now reached a point of understanding. This tool is truly a great asset only after you understand how to comfortable “Tweak” the thing.

Woosa, I’m going to sleep. I have exhausted my learning abilities for tonight. All the best everyone.

Special update The last couple of picture is the first PAWN Piece for the Nostalgia Chess Set im creating. I have alot of work cleaning the model up, texturing/materials to apply, and an actual base platform to create. But the set will be one to remember.
Hope you all like.*

7 Likes

Sometimes I use inkScape to form a shape.
Then export as .SVG and import it in Blender.

1 Like

Yes curves are good once you get used to them.

Your Pawn looks good but I wonder if it would benefit from not being so low poly? There is a lot of shape there.

1 Like

I’ll have to test that route. cheers for the suggestion.

I will keep that in mind as i go back through the model when cleaning up. I think ill clean up the model and then subdivide a few times to get the desired detail I think ill need.

Your wisdom is always welcome here Sensei @NP5 & Sensei @FedPete

Cheers!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms