Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hey everyone!

My name is Adrian and I’m a freelance 3D artist from Bucharest, Romania. I’ve been making “digital cosmetics” for Dota 2 for the past 3 years and now I’m looking to go deeper into gamedev. For the past year or so I’ve tried to find a decent partner to make games with but most of them gave up due to lack of time (or just lacked motivation). So I guess it’s time for me to learn some programming!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

My name is Rizki. I am from Indonesia but now living in Germany. I am currently studying computer science, digital media and games. My school use unreal engine as their game engine, but i haven’t learned it yet, not until later semester. So to get a head start i eager to do this course. I am already familiar with unity, made few games and prototypes with it. I hope it won’t be too hard for me to learn unreal.

say hi if you’re from trier germany!

1 Like

Hey guys, my name is Taylor. I am from Yorkshire, England. I am 15, and I really like programming. When I am older I want to be a programmer, and maybe before then make my own game. I am currently doing GCSE Computer Science. We are doing Python, and I am not sure when we will be doing the C languages if we ever will, but I want to get a head-start. Years before.

1 Like

Hello community,

I’m a Frontend Javascript Developer and I’m currently going through some sort of online cs degree using MOOCs just to get the knowledge from them.
I want to combine them together with learning cpp and game development with UE4.

If anyone lives near Brussels, Belgium. Would be cool to meet each other. Thanks!
Cya soon!

1 Like

Hello there! I’m Chronis from Greece. I’ve finished a BSc in Computer Science, and I’m interested in broadening my knowledge about various game development frameworks such as Unreal Engine, thus increasing my marketable skills and maybe even starting my own indie game project eventually.

1 Like

Hello, I’m new to programming and I always wanted to make games. I like to picture what a game should be about and I want my stories to come to life in a video game. One of my main project goal is to create this futuristic style role playing game with its own lore and the ability to change the game depending on your choice.

2 Likes

Hey guys! I’m Zac Lockwood from the USA. I’m currently a college junior — Computer Science major and Fine Art minor — looking to work in the video game industry.

I’m really interested in games that focus on integrating art, programming, and gameplay, all around a common theme. I believe it’s important not to separate the tech and art fields completely from each other, which is why I study CS and Art. :wink:

If anybody shares my joint interest in tech and art, say hi!

4 Likes

HI, my name is Jordan, I studied Game Design and used UE3 at Vancouver Film School a long while ago, I wrote a game engine in AS3 years ago and I’m publishing my first board game this year!

These tutorials are a great motivator to get back into using a polished IDE, I’m excited to be back in the Unreal development world this time with years of coding under my belt!

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Emanuele. I come from Italy and currently living in Switzerland.
In my life I’m doing something totally different: Master Degree in Biotechnologies and a PhD, currently account manager… but my other side is a gamer-movie-comic fan. I’ve been taking some online courses for digital drawing and mattepainting enjoying them a lot. I saw this course and I thoguth: Always liked the concept programming in high school (to be honest I only used pascal, and at a very basic level).

So I said, hey:

I’ve been good in grasping the high level picture and I am quick in learning. Can I do this? the cours look totally cool!!

Well Challenge accepted.

Looking forward to this, the intro is already promising and I loved the approach used so far.

I will try to interact as much as possible although I am quite busy with my “normal life” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello sir. My name is Rana and I am from Malaysia. I am actually a recently graduated doctor but I have always wanted to learn programming. I really hope this helps me loads and I end up making my own games. Thank you so much sir for this amazing course.

2 Likes

Hey there!, I’m Ali I’m from Cairo, Egypt., I’m currently studying electrical engineering, I’m a native gamer :smiley: and I’m interested in game development, been interested in programming in general.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Ernest from NY, Stay at home dad looking to fill my head with as much knowledge of my hobby as i can. Been playing games all my life and I’m very interested in making games myself, as well as knowing the ins and outs of how games are made.

1 Like

Hello my name is Michael, i’m from Arizona. I’ve been playing games for really as long as i can remember and have dabbled in making games previously. Got this course to better understand C++ as most of my knowledge comes from Java which is albeit a close cousin but simply not the same. I also have never worked with the unreal engine. Hopefully this’ll prove worth the money.

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

My name is Ryan, I’m an Electrical Engineer (hardware) from Boston. Like most people here I love video games and have always wanted to try my hand at developing my own. With the Switch using UE4 and the quality reviews of this course I thought unreal would be a great starting point. I program pretty regularly for my job but it’s mostly in assembly or to model systems, excited to get back into C++.

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Seth. I am a computer science major at Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky. I have a huge passion for video games and the game industry. My goal is to learn how to make some cool games and really build up a portfolio, because after all, the goal here is to get a cool amazing job. Hopefully I can land one of those after graduation! Can’t wait to get this course underway!

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Charles yet most people who know me call me Chip. I am an I.T. student from the Houston area. I joined this course to hopefully learn the unreal engine more than the information I can pull from unreal’s live streams, and other various YouTube videos. also learning C++ is a (for a lack of a better word) plus.

1 Like

Cheers, my name is Stan. Im from Voronezh, Russia. im working in WizartAnimation studio as Creature FX TD and RND guy. I decided to join this course cause i need better understaning of C++ and i want to know how to create games, so i think this is ideal course for me.

3 Likes

Good point about CS and art because they both go well together. I like game design because it is an art and computer science helps bring it to life.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am from Philadelphia, and I am learning Ureal Engine for fun. I liked the engine, I started to learn 3d max and Zbrush, and Quixel. Its fun to learn programming. I used to do software using Visual Basic, but not for games, I learned C++ and Java, but that more than 10 years ago hope I still remember it.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’ve figured out this issue. But I had the exact same issue and what I did to fix it was uninstalled both VS and Unreal (Epic Games Launcher) also. Install the visual studio installer first. Follow Section 01, install what Sam says to install. Then once it’s installed open up your visual studio and follow this documentation from Microsoft.

(The documentation is of Visual Studio 2015 but still worked for me).

If you do not wish to go to the documentation or do not understand it then I’ll explain the steps.

1. Click FIle > New Project.
  2. Under installed > templates click Game.
  3. You should see Install Unreal Game Engine, (if you still have Epic Games & Unreal Engine installed it will not be displayed).
  4. If there are any missing features it will ask you if you want to install them, click Yes. Continue as instructed.
  5. It will reopen the Visual Studio installer and have already set the required options to modify. (Make sure you close VS).
  6. It will install, then it should start installing Epic Games, then after it is installed install the Unreal Engine and once it’s installed. Open it up and click new project > C++ > black template (Just like the course teaches you). And it should work.
1 Like

Privacy & Terms