Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Wow! So many people taking this course XD

Hello!! Name’s Daniel, got a Bachelors in Fine Arts and studied 3D animation and graphic design.
Taking this course cause I want to expand my knowledge and skill set and seeing as how there seems to be a lot of things being developed with the Unreal engine I thought I should learn :smiley:

Hope I can be of help and get help from everyone in the community!!!

Hello All!
My name is André (Aka Lelis718),
For anyone starting now, I’ve tried to install Visual Studio on PC and got some errors from the web installer about missing some packages during the installation.

So after a few search I found that what is better to download the entire Visual Studio Comunity ISO from this link (MS. Oficial - Select ISO)

If you already tried to install VS and got some problems you will need to uninstall it before install from the ISO.

Hope I helped someone, :slight_smile:

Hi I’m Tom, I’m from the UK.
I work in the games industry already but as a 2d artist and animator.
I want to be able to prototype various game ideas i have with my friends and colleagues, instead of just wishfully thingking about them!
I have both the Unity and Unreal courses, but UE4 feels like a more complete and more powerful package when it comes to developing in, so I chose this to try first.

1 Like

hi everybody!

my name’s jesse and i’m from colorado in the u.s. i’m taking this course because i’ve always wanted to make my own game. i like survivals like minecraft and don’t starve and RTS like starcraft. looking forward to working with everyone here and seeing what everyone comes up with. GLHF!!!

Hi everybody, I’m Gabriele, I’m from Turin - Italy.
I’m a web developer, working in a Web Company.
My dream is to become a game developer, and I am trying to see if this course can help me in this purpose!

GG all

1 Like

Ciao Simone,
piacere di conoscerti, mi chiamo Gabriele, ho comprato questo corso oggi ed ho iniziato a segure un po di lezioni, tu come ti sei trovato? E’ utile?

1 Like

Ciao Gabriele,
Il corso non mi dispiace, Ben insegna in modo molto chiaro, anche se a me piace provare le cose da per me, quindi di solito inizio i corsi e salto un pò qui e la, provando anche da solo a fare qualche cosa.

1 Like

Hello!
My name is Emelie, I’m from Sweden and have recently found an interest in game development. I have some experience in Unity from an online course provided by my university (last year master student currently) but I have this feeling that Unreal is considered to be more serious and I want to try it out and see which fits me the best personally.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am Ben, but people call me Ketts, I have been wanting to learn how to code and design games since I was kid, Had a few setbacks due to becoming ill, I have plenty of free time now, so i thought now is the best time to get involved.

1 Like

Just finished Section One and intend to finish Section Two next week.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Tyler, I am from Canada. I am using this course as an introduction to video game development with Unreal Engine first in mind to what I would like to take some time to dive into.

I wish you all luck in this course!

1 Like

Hello,

My Name is Mark Sanders, I am from Maryland here to improve my understanding of UE4 and C++ programming.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Lyubo from Bulgaria. I graduated almost a year ago in computer science undergraduate program and haven’t used any programming since (working in a completely different sphere). Taking this course to refresh my knowledge on C++ (took it all the way in high school and worked mostly with Python, Scala and Java in college) and video games have been my passion since I was little so I think it will be a great combo!

Happy Learning!

1 Like

Hey everyone
I’m from Israel I always has been dreaming about making games actually the last year I have spent studying unreal blueprints but now I want to move to C++ since its much better.
I know C# very well and Unity
but unity doesn’t work well for textures
so I moved to unreal engine.

Enjoy Learning

1 Like

Hi there guys! :wave: I’m an Architect from Spain :es:. Always loved videogames and now i’m interested in becoming a Virtual Architect, 3D model artist, Game Developer, or whatever suits with my Architectural skills ( which i hope are useful since i don’t know anything about coding or programming, but very familiar with a lot of 3D modelling apps ), and combines with my passion which is creating any virtual space, from a simple render, to a complex 3D space or a videogame. I really hope this is the right way to redirect my career, and fulfill my dream.:+1:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m Cynthia, a 24 year old nurse from Holland. I’m currently making a carreerswitch because I want to become a grahic software engineer. I’m on a number of udemy courses working on this goal as well as doing a bachelor in computer sciences. My dream is to work at a large game or animation company, the absolute dream being getting a job at blizzard entertainment.
Looking forward to learning from, and learning together with you guys!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Paul a graduate of applied mathematics (specialization in actuarial science) in the Philippines.
3-4 years ago I discovered that I have a passion for game development but I was hesitant to pursue it. Then I graduated and landed an actuarial job and the passion for making games is still there even though how many times I try to bury it. I always daydream to make a game that a lot of people can enjoy and thus I made a decision to finally pursue it. I toss aside the promising career of an actuary and took the risk to pursue my passion.

1 Like

Hi all,

Jorge here, originally from Florida, U.S. Taking the course so that I can round out my skills as a designer.

1 Like

Hi, Everyone.

I appreciate that you’re reading this comment. My name is Daniel (people tend to call me Dani), I’m a Computer Systems Engineer and a Java SE 6 Certified Professional. I started to use C++ because I wanted to be able to control as many aspects as possible when developing and not just ‘leaving everything else’ to the sugar and magic embedded in the Java language, and I have to say that using this language helped me understand many many things and apreciate its complexity. Now, as a ‘Casual Gamer’ I’ve always wanted to know how the how the hell do people make games, dude. Of course, I want to make a game, be able to play it, and maybe give it away for free on Steam if people like it too.

Again, thanks for taking the time to read my comment. See you in the next discussions :wink:

-Dani

2 Likes

Pleasure to meet ya Paul. As I was reading your comment I could notice that we have similar interests about making a game that people might like. It’s so nice to see people from outside the Development/IT world trying to make games and program.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms