Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hey guys.Names Jeff from Hannon Ontario. Looking to make a first of its kind android/iso game. I want to make the game that I spend many hours looking for to no avail. Have been a rpg fantasy lover for as long as I can remember. Currently run a Vape shop and created my own fantasy style E juice. fantasyfog.ca Check it out!

Hi, I’m Greg from Florida. I’ve got a CS degree and have been interested in making games for a while. I’m taking this course as a way to to learn game development basics with the Unreal engine. Many thanks to the instructors for putting this course together. This is exactly the kind of practical, step-by-step information I’ve been looking for.

“Hello Everyone! \n”;

I’ve been playing video games since the young age of 4 years old. Started with platforming from Crash bandicoot and stealth action of Tenchu. It’s these two genres that got me into this incredible medium and I would love to pay homage to both of those franchises in my own way.

I’ve only dabbled in smaller languages such as HTML, css, and very, very little javascript. I have high hopes and steely determination. I’m very excited for this course and the knowledge within.

Also, from the USA.

Hi everyone! I’ve been a software developer for over 10 years now, but I’ve barely done anything with game dev. I just got an Oculus Rift recently, and its inspired me to really want to make something for it, so here I am, getting started with Unreal.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Spence. I’ve coded since Apple II’s, Vic 20’s and Timex Sinclairs. I’ve coded in C++ since before the language was standardized, and exchanged emails with Bjarne Stroustrup and some of the early developers of C++ IDE’s to help identify discrepancies between the compilers and the standards.

I was a manager in a major software company until 2005 when I suffered major head injuries,and despite my experience and love for C++ I have been unable to code since.

Every year I keep trying, (and failing), but I’m here to try again!

4 Likes

Hi Spencer, impressive bio! :slight_smile:

Great to hear that you’re keep pushing yourself despite the challenges, good luck and have fun with the course!

1 Like

Hi everyone, Artem is here! :slight_smile:

I’m from Russia but currently live and work in France. I have academical background in engineering and I work in game industry in esports sector. I’ve always been interested in game development and plan to embrace my inner geek by playing around with UE4. Also, I’m a big StarCraft fan!

GL HF everyone!

Hello everybody!

My name is Joshua and I’m from Canada. I’m currently a University student in my fourth year. I’ve worked previously as a web developer and a software developer, but I’d really like to get more involved in the game industry. I am very familiar with C and Java, but I have only worked with C# and C++ in a very limited capacity.

I am hoping to learn more about C++ and game development through this course, as well as motivate myself to start experimenting more with video game programming and start some projects in my personal time.

Looking forward to learning more and getting to talk with you all in the future!

2 Likes

This is Greg Austin from San Jose CA. I was in IT many years ago, moving from windows 3.1 to windows 95 to NT 4. And solving the Y2K problem an old BSD system. I am currently looking to teach a gaming platform to high school age kids. So I am taking the course to see if it can. Any ideas on a different course would be helpful.

Thank you ,
Greg Austin

1 Like

Hey guys, my name is Kenny, I am brand new to coding, figured this would be a good place to start. I have always loved video games, and have a few idea’s of games I would love to make, and this is where I am beginning that journey. I look forward to working with you all and having some good times! ~Kenny~

Hello World!

Just finished the Section 1 Wrap-up video and wanted to introduce myself here. Hi!

1 Like

Hi everybody. My name is Giovanni, I’m from Italy. I already have some experiece with programming languages like C++, C# and Python. I’m dreaming of enter in the game industry some day.

Greetings!

I’m a Chicagoland native currently living in Seattle. I’ve been wanting to make a proper videogame for quite some time. I’ve managed to learn quite a bit over the last decade in terms of creating 3d assets (got my start in Second-life and moved on to blender), sound design (went to school for this), music (I compose professionally), but I’ve had a few false starts with coding, but I’m now committed to learning this major piece of the puzzle. I’m already in the early development stages of my own VR project but will need to learn C++ to actually bring it to fruition. I look forward to meeting future collaborators!

Hi, Rayge from the UK

Been gaming for years and figured it might be fun to learn how to code n stuffs

Hello everyone!

Its really cool to see such a diverse bunch of people all on this course! :slight_smile:
I’m from the UK originally but now live outside of Seattle in the US , I’ve been a gamer my entire life but wanted to start to learn to code and this seemed a really cool way of picking up on those type of skills , I’m looking forward to seeing where this course takes me!

Hello everyone.

Marcos/Mark here o/, i’m from Brazil, i’m a web developer using C#, asp and bunch of other technologies, want to learn some c++, and spent some time programming a framework in C# for a game in unity, never finished through…

my plan is to develop an rts game using unreal :slight_smile:

that’s it :smiley:

Hello there,

My name is Cameron. I have done a few classes in C# and C++, but nothing really to amount to anything. I saw this course on Udemy and thought it was interesting enough. I have played many Unreal games and would like to see if I could take a crack at it.

I live in Oregon, with my wife and son.

Hello everyone!

I’m Fabio from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I’ve loved video games for my entire life and began working as a games journalist back in the 90s. Nowadays, I’m the local PR manager of a world-class video games publisher, and I wish to learn more about how all the magic is done. Maybe someday it’ll help me working closer and closer to game development? I don’t know. For now, though, I just want to have fun learning the basics of game creation.

Best regards!

Hello,

My name Is Adam and I’m from Canada Alberta. I am currently finishing my last year at SAIT Polytechnic for my software development diploma and am currently learning unity as apart of an emerging trends course where i get to choose a technology to learn.

I have done a bit of ben’s unity course and decided I wanted to pick this one up too. I love games and game design and I hope every one else sticks with the course and learns some great skills!

Hey there,
My name is Ediri, I’m from the US, and I’m a Computer Science major studying to be a Game programmer in the future as my Dream Job. I have skills in java, C, java script, and C# with Unity, but i also really love the Unreal Engine and want to learn all i can and C++ with it. I hope to start a internship/ job with a game industry after college, but Ultimately i wish to create my very own Game company. In the meantime i hope we all get to know each other and HAVE FUN XD XD

Privacy & Terms