Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Yeah some little coding really a lot of googling but most of it is done for you plus I outsource a lot of the difficult stuff. The one thing I dreaded about getting into building on Unreal Engine was my art skills hah so its great your good at it! Definitely keep posted on how your doing on here I am starting section 2 now with the bulls and cows. Have you started making anything yet?

Hello all,

My name is Mark aka Ferlabor. I have a very small amount of knowledge about Unreal, really just the basics. I’ve got some experience with C# but nothing that is relevant. I’m excited about the course, and I hope I can finally get some solid knowledge about Unreal, and work towards my dream which is either landing a job in videogame industry or start my own business.

All the best for you, and good luck with the course.

Hi everyone, I’m Q-tro, from Italy, and I’m new to this exciting course here on Udemy!

I have a four year experience as a programmer in the videogame industry, worked with a lot of programming languages, sdk and engines:

Corona sdk using Lua, and Cocos2dx with C++, before switching to C# with Unity for a brief period, and finally with Unreal Engine.

Currently I am part of the development team for Remothered: Tormented Fathers, an indie survival horror game for PC made with Unreal Engine, which is receiving a lot of love from fans, and which I’m really proud of!

All of my knowledge is self-taught: I acquired my skills through experience and countless hours of feeling very stupid :grinning:

I think now is the time to get to the next level by following this course (and the multiplayer course afterwards) to really sharpen my skills, and fill the gaps that I feel I still have.

I hope to get all the knowledge I long for!

Hello, my name is Jorge (or Kailite virtually). I recently started this amazing course in Udemy and hoping to learn a lot.

I’ve been loving games since I was a child. Man, Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt might have been my first games but the passion started with the N64 and its amazing platformers. I was very little to really understand why I loved playing videogames (besides doing it because it was “fun”) but they had something that keep me interested to know more, to discover, to finally defeat that green witch, to collect all the stars, to win a gold medal in every tournament, to be a hero. In my opinion, videogames (same as books, tv series, comics, manga or even music for some people) make you feel something. Sometimes they make us feel things that we can actually experiment on our dalily basis, sometimes they make us feel things very passionately and sometimes they can make us feel things that we have never felt before. In any case, videogames provide us with experiences, give us the opportunity to be whoever we want, from a simple farmer living the simple ol’ country life, to an astronaut stranded in a dangerous, far away planet; we can walk through a peaceful, sunny hill in the middle of a meadow or we can fight for the lives of our comrades in the middle of a war. This is what I love about videogames and the same reason I want to learn how to make one: I want to cause a positive impact on people, to cause a smile, a laugh, hope, amazement, intrigue, tension, euphoria, etc. I want people to feel enjoyment, to escape one or two hours from their problems and just be exploring that mysterious forest to gather rare resources and finally craft that powerful tool. I might be dreaming high on this one but I hope I finally find the bases of that dream in here. I’m happy to see many people with similar goals and passion. I wish the best for everyone on this course.

Thank you if you read all of this xD I felt inspired.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Rick and I’m from the southern U.S. I’ve been a software developer for 40 years. I’m now disabled and retired. But I still have a great passion for learning new tech. I’ve worked in everything from UNIX/C in the 80s, to Windows/VB/.NET in the 90s and early 00s, to Python/Django/JS, etc most recently. And lots of platforms and languages in between. In my most recent paid position, in 2016, I was writing C/C++ and Python on embedded Linux, ARM, and Digi Rabbit platforms. Now days, Udemy is my best friend. I’ve played a little with Unity, Unreal, and GoDot in the past. Very little. Now that I have a fair amount of time on my hands and a good bit of background in C++ I decided to revisit Unreal and Unity as an AR/VR simulation/gaming and AI platform. Maybe I’ll turn it into a trans-humanism project. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey all, I’m a bit curious. With no real background in coding at all, can I go into this expecting to learn to code? That’s my main goal with this course was to get a better understanding of coding. I’ve attempted online course and tutorials in the past but none could hold my attention, so I’m hoping the unreal portion of this will help.

Hello, guys!

I’m Boris and I’ve been studying C# and JS in university, mostly web-based applications. I’ve always been passionate about games and I’ve made some simple console games on C# and C++. I’m very excited for this course because I really want to delve into game development with Unreal. Even though I have very limited time to spare, I am willing to do my best and go the extra mile to try and learn as much as I am able to! Cheers!

Hi y’all! My name’s Noey. I’ll have my B.S. in Information Technology with a concentration in Programming by next year, but I’ve had this course, the Unity course, and the Blender course waiting in my account for quite a while now. I’ve dabbled around with UE4, Unity, and Blender (I’m fairly confident in Blender), but I really wanted to get some more in-depth understanding of these programs, so I figured these Udemy courses would be a great way to do it.

I decided to start off with the Unreal course because I just finished playing Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – a surreal experience created with UE4. I’m more comfortable in Unity than Unreal, but it seems like UE4 offers more power and options for the kinds of ideas in my head.

I’m a chick of multi passions, so I love coding, writing, and art! I figured one skill that includes all three of these passions is game development, so I want to learn how to bring my ideas to life. I have a fair bit of experience in web development (very comfortable with HTML/CSS/JavaScript/jQuery), and some scripting experience (mostly Python), but I’ve never truly tried to delve into any C languages. I’m a little intimidated but also super excited.

I have a hard time staying active on forums for whatever reason, but I am pretty active on Twitter if anyone wants to connect there!
:smiley:

-Noey

1 Like

Hey everyone! My name is Vlad, and it’s my first message on gamedev.

Hey everyone! My name is Aaron, (username “Конче” in a few places) and I just signed up for gamedev for this course. I went to school for computer science and have been hanging out in the Boston area working as a full stack developer (SQL/Java/JS/AS3/etc), lead, and principal/architect for well over a decade now. I’ve had plenty of experience with C++ among other languages, but for the last two years or so I haven’t needed it at my current job short of interviewing new C++ developers. I feel like I’m getting rusty, so I’m picking up the course as a fun way to refresh my C++. Although I’ll be tackling it in bite-sized pieces–it’s a bit hard to fit in with full time work, a wife, and a few little ones(!!). But since I have been a professional developer for so long and I’m very familiar with C++ and a bunch of different languages, I’d be happy to offer any help I can to anybody who specifically has coding or software dev issues.

I’m also here just to learn Unreal, as gaming has always been a source of joy in my life. I have have dramatically less free time now, but I figured maybe this will be a way to make myself learn game development in Unreal while also just coding more in C++ again.

Hi, I’m ekscrypto aka Dave Poirier, I’m the developer of Piti Piti Pa and many other apps; my goal is to re-create Piti Piti Pa using Unreal Engine, and to port the app to both iOS and Android. Fun times ahead!

1 Like

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

My name is Taissa, I’m a graphic designer working with marketing, but i’m currently studying 3d modelling and character design for games. Games have always been a passion and something that I’ve wanted to work with for many years. I’ve been creating game concepts since I was 16, but now I want to turn them into real games.

I’ll be starting post graduation in game design this year and wanted to get a head start before I started post grad. I had game design classes in college but I didn’t think they teach me as much as I would like (it was mostly theoretical and market stuff as this wasn’t a major subject for the course I took, unfortunately).

I’ve recently started this and many other courses in Udemy, although this is the one I’m focusing the most now. This is also my first contact with C++ and the Unreal editor, so I’m very excited to learn as much as I can.

1 Like

HI all, my name is KC. I recently graduated from college and am currently a software engineer in Florida. I have experience mostly in web development and java, C++, and python and figured game development would be a fun concept to tackle next. I enjoy video games a lot so to one day hopefully be able to create or help create one would be awesome.

Hello everyone my name is Blazer and i’m enjoying the course

“Hello world!” My name Joe Blogs, I’m just your average college student looking to start his own career with the program. I’m taking the course with my pal blaze (above dude) and I’m looking forward to learning everything that this class, Visual Studios, and Unreal has to offer!

Also how did you know my name Ben? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

:eyes:

:eyes:

Hello everyone! My name is Phillips Huynh and I’m currently in my 4th year at CSULB. I am taking this course to advance my knowledge of C++ and applying them to game development using Unreal Engine. This is my first time using a game development engine and I look forward to learn everything that this course has to offer! I’d love to meet everyone here too!

Hey there, friends!

My name is TurtleDerby (aka Anthony). I’m currently a Computer Science sophomore at the University of Central Florida here in Orlando, Florida. I have a modest background in C programming and would like to get an early head start learning C++ for OOP purposes, and I figure the best way to fuel my motivation to learn would be gearing it toward something I love, would like to do as a career and is currently relevant to my Undergraduate Research (which revolves around Global Illumination techniques in UE4); making video games! While I may be new to OOP and Unreal programming in general, I am very much open to meeting new faces and starting a collaboration with whoever is interested!

1 Like

Hi all!

My name is Scott and I am a sound designer working in the games industry using Unreal Engine for the most part. As well as doing creative sound design, I also do a lot of our implementation work using blueprints and so I decided to take on this course to start learning more about coding in UE4 with the eventual goal of being able to bring that knowledge back into my day job so I can start coding systems rather than blueprinting them.

Another reason I have enrolled (in both this course and the Unity one) is so I can learn the basics of creating my own games in my own time using multiple different engines. My plan is to create a bunch of short games that I can use as part of a portfolio when applying for work to demonstrate design, coding and sound design skills!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms