Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hello everyone! I’m Thiago Simões from Brazil.
I started to create games when I was 12 years old with GameMaker (Not drag n’ drop, but GML), and never stopped since. GM is a great tool for 2D games, but not for 3D, this is why I decided to learn Unreal, as well, a new language, C++.
I also have previous experience with mapping, on Hammer Editor, as well Radiant (iD Tech3 engine Map Editor), I hope they come in handy hahaha, I actually managed to make my Unreal layout look kinda similar, very nice.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to learn a lot in this course, and I hope you guys are enjoying it as I am.

My best regards, Jaqueta.

1 Like

Hello people,

I am a Canadian who has had a love for PC gaming since the late 80’s. Got a decent career in the trades, but I have always wanted to pursue my ideas and translate them into the gaming world. Some dreams never die.

My hopes of taking this course is to run into like minded people and take my ideas and turn them into reality. I am starting from scratch when it comes to coding here. My hello to the game creation world is now official! :smile:

Steve D.

1 Like

Hello! I am Matthew Wiecek! I’m a software engineer and artist. I am taking this course to help me learn the ins and outs of Unreal Engine. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and have taken a course in Game Engine Design. I am also taking a course in Blender and I’ve been experimenting with Unity as well. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey all!

I’m taking the course! Let’s I hope I finish it in a timely manner, haha!

Good luck all!

NerdySauce

1 Like

Hi there! Name is Diego, I’m from Costa Rica and I want to make videogames since i was a child.

I have some experience with C++ but not a lot of experience so, I will check out the first sections.

Also using VS 2017 RC with UE4.14.0 (need to have VS 2015 to make it work, I hope this thing don’t crash) I really want to learn how to use the UE4 and make good videogames

1 Like

Hello everyone!
My name is Dylan, I’m from Belgium and I’ve been really interested in making games. I hope this course will help me get something going and develop myself into starting to make my own games or get a job in that section. I have some experience with visual studio, but it’s been a while now so I’ll refresh the knowledge :wink:

1 Like

Hello World!

My name is Jason, I am from Michigan in the USA and game design has been a dream of mine for a long time. I lost sight of my goals for a while after high school due to some motivational issues, but at 27 am back into school finishing up my Associates and continuing on for a Bachelors in Computer Science. I am very much looking forward to building a strong foundation in C++, the Unreal Engine, and sound design practices as I continue my secondary education in search of my dream job.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Jeremy, I’m from Switzerland and i’m planing to start a Bachelor in Game Desgin next year. I have some experience in programming and webdesign (I’ve work in IT) aswell as 3D-Modeling and Animation (Blender). I’ve grabbed this course to get sepcifically into game design and maybe work on some prototypes for games that have been in my head for years!

If someone has a lot of experience in the “scene” i’d appreciate every advice, especially regarding creating a good portfolio, as i’ll need that to get a chance to study :smiley:

Hey everyone. My name is Michael. I’m from California, but currently living in Leicester, UK. I’ve been designing game systems for almost 10 years, but have never had the skills to implement the systems in a digital format. I’m looking forward to taking some of my old game ideas and seeing how well they translate into this medium.

Eh this is pretty cool! I’m Dan, I finished my degree in Astrophysics, but I also did a computer science minor, really loved programming. Thought this course would be fun. Looking forward to helping each other out as we work through this course together.

Hi, my name is Simone, i’m from italy and i always loved videogames and programming, for now i’m working
in javascript making Websites and Mobile Apps. But i would like to enter more in the game industry and make
my own games.

I love to help other people and pair programming so feel free to ask if you need/want.

Hello everyone, my name is Christian, I am a huge fan of video games but lately it’s been harder and harder to find games that I enjoy playing for very long, I know what type of games I want to play and no body makes them so I’m going to try to start making them! Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Computing hobbyist here, loving the course so far!

Hi! I’m Steve, am currently studying product design. I’m really interested in VR, want to use Unreal to make something, so am taking this course to familiarize myself with the engine and get myself started. Nice to meet you all!

Hi all! My name’s Blacky, I’m a comic book artist based on Seattle. I’m really excited to get cracking!

1 Like

Hello,

I am from Egypt, I am a mechanical engineer, I think of myself as having a sense of art, I think I have something to develop and create, and I think this is a good start, also I am considering musical courses, starting with my Spanish guitar.
Anyways, it would be good to know other people who share the same passion.

Have a nice day.

Good idea, if no one making the mages you like, maybe do them yourself :smiley:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Zach and I’m a college student. I’ve always wanted to get into game design, and I’d figured this is my chance to do it since I have sometime to spend over break.

Hey Everyone, I’m a web developer from Canada that’s always enjoyed gaming. I recently purchased a Vive and I’d like to be able to develop games for it using the Unreal Engine so I’m taking this course to familiarize myself with it before I move on to VR specific tutorials.

Would anyone happen to know of any good resources for VR development with the Unreal Engine?

Cheers!
Greg

Hello everyone,

I'm an actually computer sciense freshmen, I always loved games so I decided to take a carrer in game development. I live in São Paulo, Brazil, and expect to change the reality of the game industry in my country. I joined this course because I though it was a good starting point. I have some experience with C, so I hope to finish it fast and look foward for more experience and new courses.

Luciano.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms