Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

My name is Juwan Tyler. I am a current computer science student, and I am completing this course to help become a game developer.

Hi there, my name is Luiz Guilherme, im from Brazil. I’ve been playing games since i was a kid, i’m a lawyer here in my city but i always wanted to know how to develop games.

I’m Chip Carle, an animator looking to learn a bit of the tech side of game dev :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is James and I’ve been a hobbyist (and very briefly a professional) games programmer since I was a kid. I decided it was time I learned how to do things the modern way, rather than writing my own engine every time.

Hello my name is Kenyon, I live in the USA in Utah, I am 20 year’s old, I’ve be wanting to make game’s and write code ever since I was a kid, and this class will hopefully teach me that, anyways I hope to help and make some friends along the way Thanks!

My name’s Nick, I’m from Australia and looking to learn some actual game design before I have my interview for my games programming course.

Hello, My Name is Royce Hatch, i live in Texas, I am 19 , and I’m wanting to learn to make games as a hobby but to also make games to help soldiers with PTSD, I’m right now planning my entry into the military service, so the military plus learning game coding will hopefully help me make my stories come to life and help soldiers sleep better at night.

Hi my name is Joshua. I have loved games my whole life, I was an enthusiast of Mario Kart as a child and now I’m hoping to create my own game. I am from Bolton, England and am 15 years old

hello, my name is Shikhar, i am from Lucknow and gorakhpur, India, i am 22 and i want to learn some game designing with c++ and unreal engine. i wan to ake my own game. I have begun to make android games at very low level. I just want to increase my skills at very big level.

Hello, my name is Denis, i am from Russia, i am 20 and want to learn unreal engine to create my own games.

Hello Guys
My name is Abanoub Salip and I’m from Egypt… I just took this step to enter myself here in this world of Game Development, and I’m really Excited for it ^^ I love games… a pure gamer I’m :smile: and above all. I have the passion that push me up to the limits to become and Real Game Developer wink:
Thanks you guys in Advance, and nice to meet you all :smile:

Hi All,
I’m Mike. I’m from Canada and I’m taking this course to improve my dev skills and experiment with game development.

Hey everyone,

My name is Connor and I am working with a few friends this semester on our senior project which where we decided to make a game using Unreal. I’ve played around with game development over the past few years and have Unity experience and touched C++ a few years ago. My strongest language is Java and I have experience in a number of others. I am happy to see how active this course is and how there is still many members joining. I look forward to helping others if I can and learning Unreal with you all.

Hello Everyone,

I am Bharath and I am from India.I am currently working as a software engineer(C++ and linux).
I am very exited to learn game development through this course, as this field has always fascinated me. :slight_smile:
I have completed the Section 1 as of now.

Below are few points that I have observed in my setup.

1. Everytime a new object (Square/Cone etc) is placed on the map/level, below error log is seen in the viewport window of unreal editor
  • Lighting needs to be rebuilt
  1. The unreal editor is a bit slow in the below aspects
  • Launching of the editor takes a while.
  • Moving the different panels around appears to hang
    Maybe this is because I get the below pop up while the editor is loading
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    NVidia Graphics driver 342.01 has known issues. Recommended 378.92
    Also I have only 4GB of RAM.

Any advice on how to get the mentioned driver version would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Babayega :):grin:

Hi, my first reply here :heart_eyes:

Hi, I’m Kendall and I’m a chemist from the USA! I have basically no knowledge about programming but I want to see if I can learn something and see if I want a career change!

Hi people, good to great to meet you all! Just starting this journey.

I’m from Argentina, and I actually have a bachelors degree in game development and quite some experience in Unity and C++, but almost no experience in Unreal, so this course seemed like a great option. Ready to improve my game making skills and adding Unreal to the belt of tools Im comfortable with!

Hey Kendal, that sounds great! Good luck on our journey. Anyone can learn to program at any time if its not afraid of the unknown. If you are interested in programming in general, and not just video games and the Unreal Engine, I also recommend “C++ Primer Plus” as a good book to get you started (and pretty much set) on C++ programming.

Again, good luck! Lets all learn together

Hi guys, I just joined the class to learn C++ and how to use it in real life not just the academic way.

Just an update to my greeting. Since December 1st 2017 I have since moved to Ohio in Centerville or Dayton whichever works for you in naming since they are the same area. So if you are in Ohio and live anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 hours from Centerville hit me up. I would love to connect with other programmers and share ideas to build upon.

Privacy & Terms