Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi! My name is Caleb Trapp, I live in Ohio, and I’m a student who really wants to learn the ins and outs of game development. I hope that these courses help with getting started!

HI all

I am Andrea from Italy, i am working in Pavia as electronical engineer and i need to review C++ for work… i thought maybe i can rescue my old knowledge about C++ and find a new hobby with this course!!

I always like the idea to program my own game. let’s see if this will be the opportunity to do it!!

Ciao

Hello all,
I’m Jorgen from Oregon. I’ve worked for the last 8 years doing CAD/CAM design and programing using Vectric Aspire, as well as operating and maintaining CNC milling equipment (basically a 5’X10’ subtractive 3D printer). I’ve been interested in programming my whole life starting with BASIC on an Apple II back in the 80s. I have a high aptitude in math and science, but I’ve struggled learning code in the past because I’m dyslexic. I’ve only just started the Unreal course, however I already feel like its a very effective learning environment.

Ultimately I’d like to apply what I’m learning here to developing virtual reality programs. In particular I’m interested in healthcare applications that help people with learning disabilities or perhaps mental health issues.

Best,
Jorgen

Hi Hector, I can imagine a huge potential for VR/AR experiences at theme parks. Very exciting. -Jorgen

Hey Mitchell, I think games have a huge potential for making complex ideas fun and accessible. -Jorgen

Hello, My name is Cornelius and I live in Wisconsin. I’m currently in college studying web and mobile app developer. But I would love to create games one day. I just learned Java and talking with my classmates they said making games would be a fun way to love another programs.

Heya people! I am a University graduate with a Bachelor in Medialogy and have always had a childlike fascination for software and technology, not to mention my burning passion for video games! Having finished a Bachelor, I am starting to feel weary of studying and want to start applying the knowledge I’ve learned! My first serious game project is going to be made in the Unreal Engine (as agreed with a project collaborator), but I have never worked with this engine before. Hopefully, this course will give me the right insight to start working with the editor at a professional level!

Hi Jorgen, absolutely. It’s great to meet you. I hope we can be the start of something new in this area. There is so much that gamification can be applied to and achieve. All the best with the course. If you do have any difficulties with the coding, I’m happy to help where I can and there are plenty of helpful people here too. - Mitchell

Hey there, I’m Bobby from Bonn, Germany.
I’m an Archaeologist and WebDeveloper and want to learn about Game Developing. I tried out Unity, but I want to learn C++ and Unreal.

Hi,

I live in Dearborn, Michigan, in the United States of America. I have degrees in Biological Sciences and Psychology. I have always been fascinated with computers, games, and programming. I hope to learn my first programming language by partaking in this course.

Hey, I’m Axel. I’m currently in my senior year in Electrical Engineering at the University of Utah in the United States. I have some background in C++ and Java. Always thought game dev would be cool. Hoping to maybe make a cool RTS!

1 Like

Hey Guys!

My name is Martin and I am from Vienna, Austria. I am absolutely new to game development and am super excited to learn all the things about games I have until now been missing out on. I would love to program an old-school strategy game like the settlers in my freetime. Just imagine The Settlers IV in UE4 !!! Anyone with me :smiley: ?

Cheers!

Hi all!

Dennis from the Netherlands here! Really excited to join this course and discussions! ^^

My last real programming experience was building a HTML site, way back in the day, and I am looking forward learning a new programming language. Combining learning a new language with getting familiar with the UE seems like an excellent match, as I am a gaming enthusiast and would be interested in pursuing a job in the gaming industry. Maybe, one day… who knows! :smile:

Some of my favorite games: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion / Skyrim, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, the Uncharted games. Got some fond memories of rocket-jumping around in Quake on the attic with friends. Also love board games!

Hi!
My name is Mapache, I´m from Galicia (Spain) and I studied Audiovisual Communication and Production. I specialized in 3d and videogames designing and I hope this course will allow me to start with programming beyond blueprints.

My DFP looks like this, if you want to comment on anything will be a pleasure to read you :slight_smile: https://vimeo.com/234309936

Hi my name is Daunte i’m from Houston texas, I plan on furthering my path in game development I am currently enrolled in Full sail university Game development degree for college. I hope to meet other people with same interest here :slight_smile:

I’d be with you on this all the way :smiley:

HI my name is David i’m from NJ and i’m enrolled in this course plus others that teach Drawing, asset creation, and animation. I’m interested in learning game development to make games big or small along with 2d and 3d art for added fun.

Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I’m from the Netherlands. I’m a somewhat experienced game developer using Unreal, but I’m primarily a 3D artist. I bought this course shortly after it became available, but haven’t been able to find the time to follow it through, and then I almost forgot about it. This is mainly because I’m also in university doing a Major on Game Design and Development.

Aside from uni, I’m also doing a lot of game development, 3D art, and writing as a hobby and want to begin developing an indie game, perhaps with a couple of classmates. In February 2018 I will start doing a Minor about Games Programming, which includes C++, so I realized that I still have this course and decided to follow it through to get a head start and begin developing a prototype for my own game.

Hi everyone,

My name is Luke. I’m from Ireland. There are a lot of cool varied background taking this course by the sound of it! I’m 25, and my background is a mix between physics and music technology.

Game development has always been something I’ve wanted to try (like everyone here I guess). I’m particularly drawn to that mix of technical and creative skills and working with others to create something awesome. I have a little c++ that I’m looking forward to refreshing, and physics engines as well as game audio have been been things I’ve wanted to delve into for a long time. I’d love to turn this into a career change (or re-imagining) and work with a studio, but should that not happen and if I can make it to the end of this course, I’ll be looking start making weird attempts indie games. I’m adamant that this course is only the beginning!

Looking forward to figuring all this stuff out with everyone here!

Hello Everyone,
My name is Candrian, I’m from Washington State and I’ve always liked playing video games.
I’m new to the course and have had some “self-taught” experience in game making.
I have always enjoyed creating things whether it be art, music or games. At the beginning of a project, I’ve always been super enthusiastic about it but as time went on I would end up never finishing the project because I lost interest.

I hope I can use this community to keep my spark of creativity constant and hope to make new friends along the way.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms