Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi. I’m Tom, computer science graduate from London :slight_smile: Hope to gain some more game/C++ oriented programming skills (Java from the course was meh :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Hi, I’m Ivan, Design graduate from Bauru - São Paulo - Brazil, currently working as a Senior Frontend Developer (Angular, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3) in Indaiatuba. I was a teacher for 5 years too and a actionscript 3 developer on my early days as a professional. I’m hoping to learn C++ to sharpen my programming skills, learn about game development which is something I love and make something fun by the end of the course and hopefully start developing a game of my own.

If you’re from around here, please make contact so we can share some knowledge and a beer! If not, we can stay on the first part of the invitation.

Hey everyone. My name is Maxim. I am originally from Ukraine, but right now live in Mexico, Tepic.
For the last 5 years i work as a Qt/QML developer.
I realized that programming user interfaces is not really what i would like to do. I always dreamed to create
games, and finally i started with the Unreal course, and i plan to switch to game development soon.

I really admire everyone who came here without any programming background, and started to learn
not only Unreal, but C++ too. I can imagine it could be frustrating sometimes to understand programming concepts.

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Petre Ionut-Gabriel, I’m 21 years old and I’m from Romania. I’ve just started the course and finished the first section! Got myself familiar with Unreal and I’m ready to get started with the fun part. Since the beginning of my time in the college I’ve always wanted to develop my first game so I decided that i’m going to develop one for my Bachelor’s degree. I’m really glad that I’ve managed to find this awesome course and I can’t wait to see what it has to offer!

Hello, I’m James from Toronto, Canada.
I’m an ex-film student who ended up with a lot of friends in the game development program, and through them discovered my own passion for game development. I’ve done some introductory CS classes but am otherwise inexperienced. I’m looking forward to learning more from this course, and hope to be able to build a game of my own when this is all finished. Looking forward to working with all of you!

Hello, I’m Troy from Quesnel, BC, Canada.
I work for a software company in Customer Care/Support. I have an Associates Degree in Computer Engineering. Previous roles include System/Network administration, Desktop Support, and Consulting. I have programmed in many languages - jack of all trades master of none. I have the dream of creating games and learning C++ - OOP more in depth. I’ve taken a few free online courses such as Harvardx CS50 etc. My online names include Elmo, T-Rex, ShaudEau and Major Dyck. I currently play WoW, Neverwinter, and have played Rift, Archeage, Mortal Online, MechWarriors… when I have time! I also have a interest in Blockchain. I had crazy amount of bitcoin when they weren’t worth a penny and I have less than a penny now that they are worth $5000. :,- |
I’m an out of the box thinker or possibly just a little bit crazy. I’m usually pretty good at debugging other peoples problem code even if I don’t know the language!
I look forward to meeting others here in this course.

Heyo!
I’m Alexander from Sweden!
The reason I enrolled in this course is to better understand UE4 and later help integrate webgl/html5 games made in Unreal to a platform I’ve helped work on. playish.com (still very much early development… but game-developers can already make money out of it.)
I could just poke around in the engine and learn how to make something simple. I’ve had a couple of years experience in making games in Unity, so it’d probably go pretty fast. But the way I work is that I need to master everything I do. For better or worse haha. So why not go in-depth and be really good at at it? Also I’m a game developer at heart and getting to feel confident in both unity and unreal would be amazing!

Can’t wait to learn more together with you all taking this course right now!

Hello everyone, my name is Nickolas and i am a 4th year university student, from Bulgaria. I’ve been playing video games my whole conscious life. The first platform that i played on was a Pravets 16bit using those big 8inch floppy disk’s on Dos and ever since back then, the 8yo me decides that, that’s what i want to do for a living… So here we are trying my best to advance in the field of modern game developing. Good fortune to every and each one of you !

Hello, I’m Trystan Hope. I’m currently only a high school graduate looking to go into college majoring in video game design and development at Full Sail Uni after taking gen ed courses at my local community college. I got introduced to video game design in high school by taking a course that dealt with the basics of Unreal Engine 3. While the course just handled the basics of just making terrain and objects, I took it on myself to go further and dive into the coding aspects of the engine with the help of several youtube tutorials. I loved every second of it and knew it was something I wanted to better myself in.

I’m taking this course to get the basics of C++ in a game development environment, and hope to transfer what I can learn here to future projects I hope to produce.

Hello, my name is Ron’Renier Gavin. I took this course in search of a future, a future in game development. I don’t know if this course is everything I need in order survive out on my own, and I’m not sure if this course will open up a gateway to success. Everything’s a chance and life, well life is just a mystery. My hopes and dreams are that I can work in a game development environment (while getting paid of course), and be able to spend my free time creating my own game. I’d love to meet new friends in this course as that would be pretty neat to know someone with the same interests as I do. I’m only 19 and only finished 1 year of community college. To be honest, I’m lost and looking for guidance. Not the type of person to ask for help but would most definitely love it. Off the top of my head, I’m not sure of what to say anymore so I’ll just leave it at that. For those who read this far, I truly thank you:slight_smile:

P.S. I live in Lakewood, NewJersey.

Hello everyone,

I’m taking this course with my girlfriend :smiley: we’re really curious about how game development works before we consider taking a degree on it. We also love games (Really useful info. Who doesn’t right?) So i’ll be posting regurarly from now on :smiley:

1 Like

Hiyas.

I’m Daniel i come from the netherlands, and have been loving games sinds i got to play on the Atari. I have been fiddling with game development sinds my 14th by using the RPG maker software which really got me to what kind and type of games i would like to make. Im father of 2 awesome kids and i hope to learn with the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I am Pete a website and digital producer from UK- I never programmed anything and this is my first foray into programming. I hope to learn something helpful and transition into gamedev / game production.

No one will read this butttt…

I have finished most of the Complete Unity Course from Ben and thought it was great. Due to my desire to delve into VR development and Visualisation I have decided to switch my Engine to UNREAL, as I feel it has stronger support for VR and visualisation then Unity.

I have heard it is also easier to go from C++ to C# so hoping a strong knowledge of Unreal will lend itself to Unity.

Good luck everyone!

How old are you do you mind me asking? I’m new to coding too.

respect to be working towards your future at such a young age. Good on you mate.

Sometimes I feel is too late but then why would that be?!

with age comes the maturity and vision we could did not have as younger persons. Sure I wish I got into development at a young age and went to uni for comp sci. I just didn’t have the emotional stability or maturity to do so.

1 Like

Hi All,

My name is Jovial. I’m a graduate of Asia Pacific University. Currently I am working as Apps Developer for a certain company. So I am here because I wanted a change in my career and was hoping that this courses might be able to help me to further my knowledge and portfolio. Hence, basically I am new to this courses.

If you have any advices or suggestion do let me know.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jovial

Hi there!

My name is Ross. I work as a software developer in the UK, mainly doing Web and Business systems. I have quite a lot of programming experience but only really dabbled in C++, i would like to improve my knowledge and have something apply that to.

I decided to pick this up as i wanted to create something a bit more fun. I have been messing around creating 3d assets in blender for some time, i felt like the next step would be looking to using those assets in something like a game engine.

Regards

Ross

Privacy & Terms