Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hello all, Hope to learn at lot about unity3d

Hi - I’m Steve. Just fancied doing something different and a bit challenging…

Hi! I’m Meta Tomato (Noah) from Washington State, U.S.
I’ve always loved video games, and though I might not have a living in video game design, I’d love to know how and to make some games of my own.
I’m really into music, and have been making stuff in DAWs for years, but I’ve never been able to put my music and stuff to use yet. I also like writing, and I’m really interested in making RPGs for their story potential. Making video games would also help me with skills like drawing and 3D modeling.
I don’t know how to code at all, so I’m hoping that with this course and some outside help I can learn everything I need to know.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for all being so proactive in introducing yourselves!

1 Like

Hello,
Just finished the first section of this Unreal and C++ course… So far everything works fine, I’ve done about a hundred Hello World! versions on about every platform with different courses on Udemy, Lynda, and searching YouTube for some coding and general help. This isn’t my first Udemy course and have loved video games since I was a kid playing the Atari, Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. I’ve done Blender, 3DS Max, Unity, and some Android courses. The dream now of course is to build my own game or join a development team and help them build a great video game for the world to enjoy! Hopefully I can learn a lot more from this and continue this journey to building and creating games!

Hi all,

I’m Alex, 25 years old from Bristol, UK. My online name is Qdrophenia pretty much everywhere it’s not taken (understandably that doesn’t happen often).
I’ve been a gamer as long as I can remember and despite being into computers in a big way for years I’ve never learned to code. Closest I’ve come is building a Max/MSP patch for my final project in university - I made a pair of gloves covered in sensors and used them to control sound for my Music Technology degree.
I’m not really sure what I’m hoping to get out of this but it’ll be great to have a better understanding of coding and game development, and I’m looking forward to joining you all on the journey! :raising_hand_man:

Hi there! I’m Bean! It’s nice to meet you all!

I’ve always been fascinated with making new games and new styles of playing games; level editors and custom game mods were things I’d spend hours upon hours perfecting into a new experience or something entirely different than expected. I’m so excited to get to learn more about my passion, and hopefully make a career out of game development.

Hello, my name is Ian, I am from Southern California

I am have been interested in creating games and learning C++ for a while and now I am finally taking the first step forward in learning about my interests.

Hi, My name is Andrew, i just started the course, I am really excited about it, i finished the Unity Course and am really excited about learning Unreal. I used to be familiar with C++ but it has been along time.

Am name Ted. Interested in making games. Tried all the youtube tutorials for unreal engine and I can confirm that they are bad.

Hello everyone, my name is Matt. I work full time as a software developer on web applications using Java, but I’ve always wanted to make games. I’ve been working on a game for almost a year now in blueprints and decided it was time to advance my knowledge of other programming languages. I live in Illinois and am looking forward primarily to learning about AI design and the Environmental Query System.

Hi all!
My name is Anand. I’m 19 and from India. I’ve been a gamer for quite awhile and I want to get into game development. I started this course thinking that it would be the best way to get into game dev. I’m really excited about this and can’t wait to finish it. Hopefully this will guide me to the right path of getting a job in game development!

Hey Everyone,

My name’s Chris and I live in Las Vegas. I’m currently studying Computer Science at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. I hope to take my existing math and programming knowledge and delve into game development. The only game I’ve been able to make so far is a text based connect 4, but I hope to change that with this course.

Hello this is Elorah Muller I live near Orlando FL. I am from upstate NY about 2 hours south of Albany. I am 15 years old and am hoping to be a game designer as an adult.

Hi everyone !

My name is Tristan, I’m from Montréal Canada. I already new a bit about UE4 but nothing about C++ so I guess this course is perfect to become awesome at both. I’m trying to make my way into the video game industry and I think this course can only help me in achieving that so, let’s go to section 2 !!

1 Like

First post

Who am I?

Hey all! My name is Jordan and I’m just now hopping into the Unreal/C++ Course on Udemy.
I don’t usually participate in this group stuff but I’m interested in the community, collaborating/problem solving, and growing here.
I don’t really have a “portfolio” yet but I own a small Immersive Technology Company called AOV experience. I also enjoy music and have some samples on SoundCloud. Please feel free to check them out and let me know what you think!

My Goal:

My goal here is to learn everything I need to know to get started making make first full application/game with Unreal and C++. I also hope that, by the end of the course, the community will have helped me get through this growing process - then I’ll be able to chime in and help too!

See you all around!

Thanks for reading - if anyone even got this far haha. I look forward to learning more with you all!
Signing off,
Jordan

Hey, Julio!

Your post caught my eye when I saw you’re from Guatemala… Very cool - My cousin is from there (was adopted at 6 months old) and I’ve visited for a mission internship with a few friends from the Hocotan and Chiquimula area.

Anyway, I hope your coding/development journey is going well!
Cheers,
Jordan

Awesome haha good luck, man.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan and I’m from Anchorage, Alaska. I’m hoping to get as much out of this course as possible and start working on my own small projects someday. I’m a big fan of open world rpgs as well as heavily story driven single player games. I look forward to potentially talking with some of you!

Hi, I’m Kirk and I’m from Indiana. I’m hoping to dive in and really learn what all goes into making a game and hopefully make some of my own. I’m not much of talker unfortunately. I took a summer course about unreal some time ago and it is about time I really start making an effort to learn this engine.

Privacy & Terms