Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hello!
My name is Andrew, I’m 20 years old and I’m from Washington, United States. I’ve always had a passion for computers and video games since I was a little kid. I get so many ideas and goals for great games, but I’ve never quite known where to start with game development. The best I’ve done is make some mods for Minecraft with some buddies when it came out, and I learned bits and pieces from the limited mods we were able to do. I also have some C++ and Python experience.

I’m hoping to dive into this course and absorb as many valuable skills as possible to get my feet wet into game development and pursue my dreams of making my own indie games. I look forward to learning a lot with you guys!!

1 Like

Hello there, im Michael, im getting started with this Unreal Engine, hope to make something big!

Hi! My name is Rohit and I’ve been a passionate gamer since I was 3. I’ve always wanted to make compelling creative games. ALWAYS.
I have:
Very good experience in C.
Good experience in C++(Object oriented programming).
Intermediate level programming experience in Java(I have a Microsoft-certified certificate in Java)
Good grasp of HTML5.
I’m very good at linear algebra and math(still learning! :evergreen_tree:: )
I’m also an art prodigy.
I study CSE in college, just as I’ve always wanted to.
I love open world games with an engaging campaign story.
My goal is to enhance the physics of the gaming world to a level where the game feels unbelievably realistic. I’d love to meet other game developers and learn from them about their experiences and I honestly am excited to meet people who have the same interests as mine.
I’m here to learn about the Unreal Engine as I believe it is a good start for a beginner.
Good luck. I hope you enjoy this journey to the inexplicable world of gaming. :call_me_hand:
Never give up.
Respect to y’all. xx

1 Like

Wow! Would love to be in touch, Andrew!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Marko, being a gamer most of my life, I’ve finally decided to take up the journey of making my own game, hopefully even get a job at the industry .

1 Like

Amazing!

Hello there!

My name is Yannick and live in Belgium. My goal is to learn C++ with the intent to create smaller games, for starters. After doing quite a bit of research I found this Udemy course in UE4 so I figured it was killing two birds with one stone :slight_smile: I hope to learn a lot and get a better understanding of what it means to be a programmer in the world of game development.

Anytime man! Feel free to send me a message :v:

Very inspiring! I share your passion for engaging games with a great story, I look forward to what this course will enable us all to do and how much we’ll learn.

Hey Everyone! My name’s Joshua and I’m from the U.S.A. From age 11, I decided the career path I would like to take is to become a game developer, and my primary goal with that is to help bring a project I’ve been thinking of to life and making it a new contender for the unofficial title of ‘best game of all time.’ 5 years later, I’ve finally gotten the opportunity I wanted to learn how to use a professional programming software, and am very excited. I look forward to what this course holds for me, and for meeting others like me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi there!

I am Benjamin and I am a grad school student. At first, I transferred from Econ (College) to Computer Engineering (Grad School) for the sole purpose of finding a well-paid job in U,S, cause I used to think programming is a boring job. However since I took this programming class, I have begun to think programming as a productive and interesting task. Hopefully I can pick up programming as fast as possible.

Hi everyone,

I’m Mo! I have a background in Computer Science (not in C++ though) and I’ve been playing video games casually for most of my life. I’m working toward making a game based on one of my favorite manga series, Claymore, and hopefully be inspired to create even more after that.

Django here, time to make some games…

Hey guys, my names Braylon, I’m from Alberta, Canada, going to University for General Sciences. Played games growing up of course but also always liked imagining ideas for games. I’m excited to learn more about how programming works and how video games work, and just the idea of creating something new sounds awesome.

Hi all!
I’m Alberto from Italy, almost 30 years old with a long passion about gaming.
After following and completing a Java course I decided to take a step forward and this C++ & Unreal course just seemed perfect!
I’m doing it for both professional (C++) and personal reasons (Unreal) just hoping to get all the knowledge I can as well as some good fun!

See you around :slight_smile:

Hi all,

My name is Tong Yew, still studying as a undergrad in Malaysia. I am excited to enter this course and can’t wait to learn more about programming and ideas for games, this course could definitely helps me in my FYP. Thanks @ben :grinning:

Hi, my name is Collin, an American living in Japan. I recently attended an Unreal Event and became interested in learning the Unreal Engine to make a game. I have absolutely zero programming/coding experience, so please for the love of Christmas, wish me luck.

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I’m Vincent from Australia. I’ve been programming for about 8 years now, though only professionally for 3 years. I currently work for a mailhouse where most of my programming is focused on data processing. For the longest time I’ve wanted to be a video game developer, though just never expanded my programming skills to that point. I’ve finally built up enough confidence as a programmer to start trying to head down this career path.

I have some existing experience with C++ from my 2 year software development course at TAFE, though that was several years ago and I haven’t touched it since. So I’m pretty much starting from scratch. Otherwise the majority of my language knowledge is bash scripting and Java.

I chose to start this course for two reasons. One is, obviously, it’s a game dev course and Unreal Engine seems like one of the good places to start. The other is it has a C++ focus, which is actually the main language used by a certain game dev company I have my eye on eventually applying to.

Thanks

Hey!
I’m Halvor, a university student from Norway. Love games and want to try making some of the stupid ideas I have come to life! I have had a course on python and want to try learning c++ for making funny little games and maybe an app or two.

Hi,
I’m Adam, a student from Poland. I study automatic control and robotics. I also create web sites, so I’d call myself a web-developer. I’m also into gaming, but I love developing my skills, especially programming skills. It’s just fun for me.

Privacy & Terms