Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hey everyone!

My name is Jeff Boynton. I am from Boston, MA in the US. I am a current student at SNHU working towards my bachelors in game design and development. I really love working with Unreal and looking for a great refresher after spending quite a bit of time making model with 3DSMax. My hopes are to create some great games after this course, but I also understand I need to start small!

Hi all,
I’m Daniel, I’m currently working in hardware design and am trying to pick up something new here as a hobby for now and see where it takes me. Looking forward to all the future discussions! :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Matthias a Bachelor of Computing Science. I am using Udemy to develop my first game so that i can have a portfolio of games to show of. I hope Udemy can do that for me . Is there anyone out there :smiley: ?

Hey all, name’s Malik. I want to get into software (currently mechanical engineer) and it seems as though I’ve chosen a great set of courses to start. I’m located in Fairfield County CT. Hope to run into you folks down the rabbit hole :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!
Name’s Andrey, I’m from Saint-Petersburg, Russia, and I’m here to do first step for change my job from web-developer to game-developer.
Pretty fun, that’s I’m again late for active course workflow :grin:
But, i have a profit with cource’s “stack owerflow” in this conversations.)
Thx.)

Hello Modern_Fix,

I experienced the exact same problem as you. The reason it happened for me was because I had outdated components of visual studio (2013/2015) still on my pc. What I did to fix it was to let “TotalUninstaller” run, then restart my PC.
After I had done this I was able to do exactly as they say in the course and open a new project.

This is where to get TotalUninstaller: TotalUninstaller

I hope it helps you and others!

Regards, Kim

Hello everybody,

My name is Kim and I’m from the Netherlands. I study game design here. I know a little bit about working with Unreal from a designers point of view, but i’m excited to get into programming as well.
Looking forward to future discussions!

Regards, Kim

hello guys my name is Abd.Elrahman Saber
23 years old
graduated form Computer Science and information system
from Egypt.
i hope to become on of the game developers in epic games
i like the unreal and his materials and realistic

Here is my Facebook account for communication

thank you Mr.Ben for that course :blush:

Hi all! I am Liang Yuh, a programming newbie from Malaysia. Hope that I could be sufficiently familiar with C++ coding through this course!

Hi, my name is Maksim and I am from Russia, Saint-Petersberg!

My dream is to become a game devoloper in the future and I believe that my dream is going to come true with your help! :slight_smile:

Sory for my English

Greetings!

My name is Jennifer and I’m from central California in the US. I’ve always wanted to be a part of the game dev. community. Just nothing better than taking an idea and working with creative and artistic friends to turn that idea into reality. I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and look forward to working with you on the course. Here is to a wonderful experience and an exciting beginning!

~Jenn

2 Likes

Hi i’m LtBacon. I am a third year college student, and I have had a passion for gaming my entire life. I look forward to learning as much as I can from this course and from others here as well.

Greetings everyone!

My name is Sara, I’m from NY, I’ve been interested in game dev for a long time, and honestly starting out with very minimal coding base. My background is in creative writing, so I’m looking forward to the challenges that are going to be coming ahead. Can’t wait to really get started and having the chance to share this experience with everyone!

• Sara

Hi everyone,

my usual online name is K4R70FF3L, I live in germany, am 21 years old and am on the last meters of finishing my bachelors degree in computer science. My main focus was in more low level stuff like embedded systems, at work I develop web applications with a java backend and my bachelor thesis will be based on a windows desktop application written in c# and either an iOS or an Android app, this hasn’t been decided yet. So I have quite diverse background. I already learned c++ at uni, but since stuff like common coding conventions in c++ had been skipped, I’ll still take the full course in hopes to cover up these gaps.

I’ve been wanting to pick up developing something with the unreal engine as a side project for quite some time now, but I was always lost in the official documentation, because I didn’t know where to continue after the initial getting started guide. Now someone referred me to this course and I found it to look very promising to give me a good headstart into developing with the unreal engine.

Hi I’m Andrew, I’ve played video games all my life and am super excited to be learning to make my own games.

Greetings everyone!

I’m Vinicius, 24 years old, i’m a brazilian programmer and former mechatronics engineering student that dropped out off university in hopes of going to an all-programming career by studying alone and also hoping to gather a budget in order to kickstart my plans of studying and working abroad (and i wish it will be in Canada!), i work developing systems for an automotive scanner on firmware level, mainly dealing with C and Assembly, so i suppose my programming background is very different (and lacking, too) from most professional programmers around.

I bought the license for this course last year, in hopes of ~someday~ being able to pick it up,“perhaps when i graduate from university” i thinked to myself back in that day. Well, turns out i’ve been able to go for it much sooner than expected, as i’m focusing right now on learning more programming languages, and for that matter this course came out as the perfect way of gathering some knowledge on C++ while throwing videogames in the mix, which is something i love deeply since a very early age.

All the introductions done, i must say i’m very happy that i’m now able to dive head-on into this course and share this experience with all of you, i hope all of us to take out the most of the course and have a good time learning!

hi everyone.
I’m from Turkey part of the world.

Hi Everyone. My name is Aaron, I’m 29 years old from Australia. I’m new to game development and c++. I’m hoping to gain enough skills to get me started on developing a game idea I have had for a while.
I look forward to progressing through this course and sharing what I learn with the community

Hey you wonderful fascinating people!!!

Super happy and excited to be here and on this journey with all of you. Although my daily life is spent in operation, learning to code has always been something I’ve wanted to do; with heavy time constraints and life hurdles, personal wants have taken the back seat…

…But not anymore

At 35 i still have dreams of changing this world to make it a better place for you and for me and the entire… (yes that just happened and if you’re hearing it in your head now then please reply and thank me!!!)

We might not all finish this course for reasons unbeknownst to us at this very moment, but at this moment we are here now, lets embrace it… let your coding be a game changer!

Lex

Hi, I’m Xingxing Zhou. I’m going to start to learn Unreal Engine for fun. By the way, I’m from Munich in Germany.

Privacy & Terms