Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

My name is David, and i’m taking this course to learn C++ and how to use it with UE4. Im doing it primarily as a hobby as of now.

Hi There! I always wanted to learn how to make games. I have some familiarity with programming, lets see how it goes :slight_smile:

Hello! My name is Joe, and I’m from the North East, but have moved to the South to pursue a career in Games!

Hello, My name is Andrew and I am looking forward to learn C++ and UE4.

Hello guys I am from Taiwan .When I was a child, I saw my father play super mario. I was so deeply attracted by that kind of world. When I was in high school . I love a basketball game called Nba Action 98. I used Jordan to score many points in one game. I created my customed player to group a team. Maybe one day I can make another one.

Thanks in advance Ben.

Hi guys. My name Herman. I’m a South African living in Liverpool (UK) for the last year. I’m trying to rekindle a childhood passion of mine with this course. Back in the day I developed some maps/levels for me and my friends with GTKRadiant (Quake III Arena), Valve Hammer Editor (Counter Strike), Unreal Editor (Unreal Tournament 2004) and Warcraft World Editor (Warcraft 3). I also played around with Q3A’s bots’ code to rename them and get them to say other things ;p. Well since then, life kicked in and I went to study law (dropped out), worked as a Business Analyst for 4 years, and have now almost completed a degree in economics. But now I’m aiming to start out with a B.Sc in Applied Maths & Computer Science after this degree is completed. Hopefully I can combine that with game dev as a hobby, and perhaps pick up a job doing something related. Making online friends sharing similar interests in CS and game dev wouldn’t hurt either. Good luck to you all!

Hi! I’m in the UK and wanting to get back into programming. I do a bit of php/mysql, but haven’t programmed properly in a long time.

Howdy lads!

I’m Bjorn ‘Emil’ Oudkerk, but pals just call me Emil. I’m taking this course in Unreal because I want to test the waters of becoming a game developer. I have literally 0 prior knowledge too coding, so this is gonna be a tough nut.

Hi, I’m Zachary.
I’m from New England.
I have no formal experience or education, just a gamer who asks, “Well how is that made? How do they make that do that? Why would the developer do that?” etc etc… This is my jump start into a personal interest and new hobby.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris and it has been ages since I have done any coding and want to get back into the swing of things. I’m from Pennsylvania and just recently bought an Oculus Rift and of using it for a few minutes immediately decided I wanted to make some games. I’m hoping to get some skills to apply to a VR environment and this seemed like a great place to start to get the basics of programing and game development down. From what have seen on youtube Unreal and Unity will make it easy to adapt projects into VR so I’m sure the principles taught here will help.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ty Lopez, a 4th-year student over at Whittier College. I’m currently self-designing a major titled “Computational Biomathematics” and have aspirations of becoming a software engineer and/or game developer. I got introduced to coding by joining FreeCodeCamp, and I’ve been hooked ever since (in fact, it made me switch gears completely and change my major from purely biology to one incorporating computer science).

I’m not the strongest programmer out there, so I’m really looking to improve my skills by building projects through courses like this offered at Udemy. I’m super grateful for the course and I can’t wait to complete it. I’m diving into Section 2 now!

Best of luck to everyone,

Ty

1 Like

Hello,
My name is XiaoTaoJiang from China, a student in college. I already got this UE4 course about one year ago,but I gave up it. Cuz my laptop couldn’t work ><. Now I am back. And time for me to start learning my two favorite courses from Mr.Ben.
Recently,I got a project from my teacher,it’s an U3D project that make simulation system to simulate the warehouse. But I just a beginner for both U3D and UE4. So hope I can get more useful skills from these course then finish my problem in project.
I am very glad to meet everyone and let’s share our ideas ^
^

Hello!
My name is Chris! I went to school at FAU and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work. I quickly found out that that was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I’ve been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what I want to do. I’m a gamer and love to play all kinds of games. I figured why not try to make what I love playing. So here I am now dipping my toes in so I can start learning about programming. Hope I can get along with everyone and am able to answer some of your questions.

Hey everyone!
My name’s John, but I prefer to be called online as megarage9000(It’s mega-rage9000, not me-garage9000). I am on my final year of high school and I am doing my best to prepare for my future career goals! I took this course because I want to design games myself, and I want to learn how to program for game design. I challenged myself to learn programming at a pretty late time, at grade 11. This is when I began to program python. I designed myself a very generic zombie top down shooter while applying the basic principles of programming. But I am hoping that this course would further enhance my ability to program, with the perk of being able to design this course. I wish my fellow classmates the very best in successfully completing this course! God bless!

Hello I am C.S_Cat. I love video games and to be frank, hacking lol. Want to make some cool mods as well as try my hand at a game that a group of people I know are working on. Already know python HTML/CSS and a bit of JS. Also going active duty in two months and live in Florida.

Hi everyone, Im a 3D Artist interested in programming and getting my work into a game engine making it playable for others.

Same here :slight_smile:
Vagner Landskron, brazilian, graduated on CS, professionally working with C++ and trying to fulfill a childhood dream of making my own professional RPG game.
Best luck to us all.

Hi there,

Name is Anton, I’m taking this course open mindedly. I have a bunch of ideas for games and I think it would be fun trying to construct them…even if I fail miserably. I may check out what it is like to work in the industry if I feel confident enough. Good luck taking the course!!

Ciao Ciao

Hi folks,

Martin is my name, currently working as a science teacher but interested in learning a bit of gaming development, possibly to build educational games in the future. And to have a bit of fun along the way!

Best of luck to other new starters!

Hi everyone!

My name is Aubrey and I am from Utah in the USA. I am currently majoring in CS and Computational mathematics. I am here to diversify my skills. In the future I hope to work at NASA.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms