Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi…I am Turaz from Bangladesh.I am not from cse background and pretty new at this.But i love it and hope to get involved in game industries.

Hi

Hello,
My name is Frank Vargas, I’m originally from Puerto Rico but now I’m in Orlando,FL. I got an associate degree in Information Technology, I’m taking this course because i want to change of career and getting into the video game industry as a programmer. I hope with this course and other courses in Udemy to reach my goal.

Hi,
I am Klearchos, originally from Hellas, residing in Sweden.
A die-hard Amiga user, I’ve loved computers and games. I’ve done some Python and C# but C++ has always been an attraction to me, so here I am! My goal is to make games that get people to think and question society’s problems into finding viable solutions.

Cheers!

Hi, my name is David, I’m from Australia.

I have a few ideas for mods and I’m hoping to take those mods and potentially make them into standalone games.

I’m particularly interested in survival/holdout as long as possible type games/mods at the moment, and they’ll be my first focus after I’ve completed this course.

Hi, my name is Joachim, I am from France.

I’ve been wanting to learn about game development for years, I had tried UE4 before but didn’t manage to do anything with it. Hopefully with this course I will be able to learn much more efficiently than just by myself !

I study computer science, so programming should not be that much of a problem. Still, it is always a good thing to check your knowledge on the basics again !

I’m still unsure what my first projects after this course will look like, but at least I will not be lost when beggining a new project.

Hi, My name is Ivan. Born in Chile but Living in Israel.

I am a web developer that always dreamed to make computer games. i learned Unity on my own and successfully made some very basic games. I tried to learn unreal on my own as well but i did not have much luck.

I am currently a freelance web developer on PHP/NodeJS on server and Javascript (React/Angular/jQuery) for client.

My first projects will be Unreal versions of my games that i previously made in Unity.
and hopefully much more!

Hi this is Sergio. Just to reintroduce myself; I’m from the US in CA and love playing video games and want to move that passion into making games as well. I’m currently a student with civil engineer major so my goal is to work full time as a civil engineer while having a hobby of making games on my downtime since that is what I enjoy. A lot of my motivation is coming from the lack of quality nowadays in a lot of well known games and I’m going to bring back that quality that we once had before console started connecting everything online.

Have a good day everyone and I hope to one work with some of you guys in some projects or play games.

1 Like

Hey guys, I´m Diego, I´m from Mexico and I´m in College doing my computer science degree.
I want to improve my programming skills and to learn how to make real video games, my major goal is to live in Japan!

I think we were supposed to reply here for the challenge at the end of Section 1? I’m a Mechanical Engineer who’s just getting into coding. I also write sci-fi and love post-apocalyptic games, so learning to develop games (and maybe making one to promote my writing) seemed like an awesome way to pick up C++. I hope to develop a Last Of Us style game for PC when I’m done here.

Hi Ivan. Chilean here too!, just starting with this as a hobby, but i love learning new stuff and games, so this is perfect. Just like you i started learning unreal on my own, but its hard when you dont have some pointers to guide you. I teach math, and hopefully learn some skills to develop some cool stuff to teach and play

Hey nice to see other Chileans here. Maybe we can team up to make a game after the course, i always dreamed of making an action RPG featuring the history (discovery and conquer) of Chile. :smile:

For Sure!, thats one idea i´ve been playing around with since i started to get into this, still toying with stuff, like making a survival game to show the lifestyle of mapuches or stuff like that. Good luck!

hi my name is oscar Elliott-palmer or osceto12 i am from the uk and i hope to be a games programmer in the future. i think that my first project in the future will be a baisc RPG of as troy that i will write as i enjoy writing stories and also i love to play RPG games so why not moprh them together

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Cory Belonger. I am 31 years old and a newbie to coding (minus a few hours of learning Java Script). I am from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA. I am a pretty big fan of gaming but finding that I enjoy screwing around on my computer, so I figured I would give coding a try. My favorite ways to game are on PS4 and PC, so if anyone also plays on those, send me a message and maybe we can do some multiplayer sometime. Hope to meet some of you throughout my time here at Udemy!

Hello everybody, nice to meet you all! Wow am I ever glad to see so many people still enjoying this course. I started a couple of years ago and let myself get sidetracked, but now I am back and ready to go all the way!

I am a 39 year old Father of 3 and husband,(old, I know lol. I still feel like I’m 23!) who has always wanted to make video games. I dabbled in a few tools and toys over the years, but decided there was no better time to start making an indie game myself!
I realize it’s difficult to get into the gaming industry at this age, but I have no dreams of cramming alongside the young fellows in an office, I just want to make my own games because it is something I’ve always wanted to do! If I sell anything on the way, well hey that is a nice bonus right?

Wish you all the best of luck moving forwards, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you ever want to chat with somebody a little bit more ‘seasoned’ in life LMAO!! :wink:

Hi everyone! Sean from Australia here.
I’ve got a bit of experience doing C# and Javascript in Unity, and I’m a 18yo student studying in canberra. Always been really interested in the gaming industry and there’s always no time like the present to learn more about the things you care about, right? Anyway, really glad to see there’s so many people taking this course, I found udemy by chance and was a bit worried at first, but now I’m already super excited to get started! Wishing you all the best of luck.

Hi, I’m Dave Ternent, a 7th grade STEM teacher in Stow, Ohio. I’ve been having my students learn Unity and Unreal and I want to expand what I know about it even further. My students are starting to create their own Holograms and VR content and I want to keep up with them.
Can’t wait to get into this and see what I, and my students, can make!

Hiya!
I’m Kenzie, I’m a CS student in Georgia (the state, not the country :wink: ). I have some experience with C#, and I’m learning Java in my courses at school now, so it’s been really interesting learning C++ so far in this course.
My goal is to make my own little indie game as a way to learn a lot, make something cool, and have some fun frustrations while I’m at it. I’ve dabbled around with Unreal and Unity a lot before, so I’m pumped to start this course and actually make some progress!

What kinds of games have you guys made after going through this course?

Hello! I’m a software developer living in Wisconsin, and I really want to shift my career to something more entertainment oriented. I have no experience with Unreal (or Unity), but plenty of general programming experience in a variety of languages, including C++. Looking forward to developing some skills that could hopefully land me a more fulfilling job!

Privacy & Terms