Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

We shuld take this more serious

Hello there, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, my name is Aaron, I am from Peru, I have just adquire the course, and it’s really exciting to me to join this community.

Hey everyone, I’m Jack, I love games for their stories and I’d like to make some of my own!

Hey Everyone, wanted to say HI. I absolutely love playing games (I mean, who doesn’t?). Unreal Tournament 2004 was one of the first FPS I’d played. The prospect of learning to develop games, from scratch, makes me very excited.

Hi there, my name is Jean-René and I’m from Montreal, Canada. I have worked 7 years in the gaming industry as a 3d artist in differents independant games companies in Montreal, but for for now I have started to learn Unreal for my own game project and I have returned to school in internet network to have a side job with less overtime and to be able to work on my own game project in my sparetime.

Hello Everyone, I’m just starting out on chapter one. Looking forward to learning a lot and interacting with you all.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

I’m Mark, I live in Hampshire in the UK and I am a civil servant (that introduction makes it sound like this should be a self help group…). For my job I have done a fair amount of simple programming, mostly in Python or Excel VBA, and have always really enjoyed it. As I like playing games and I’m looking for a new challenge I thought I would try and learn some C++ and the Unreal Engine on this course.

Looking forward to interacting with you all over the rest of the course,

Mark

Hello World :stuck_out_tongue: i’m Labe and i’m in San Antonio TX working as a Sysadmin. I have some programing knowledge of a little of a few languages that I haven’t used in years. But been trying to learn for a while and i’m hoping I can finally manage to get myself to concentrate on it. I have an unusual sense of humor so if I say things that don’t make sense it’s probably a joke…or i’m drunk, either or.

Hi all! I’m Michal from Cracow, Poland. I’m software developer, programming mostly in C++. As I like playing games (as everyone here I guess), this course is a first step to learn some game development. Cheers!

Hello Guys!! My name is William and I’m from Portugal. I’m a wanabee programmer (currently enrolled on Computer Science and Engineering Master’s degree). Hope I can meet nice new people and be a master at creating all sorts of games

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m Helen from Alberta, Canada. I’m in Comp. Sci (undergrad) right now. Last programming language I touched was C, so I hope that would make my time easier with this course. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I’m Nuge, CS undergrad at UC Irvine, I love working with Unreal blueprints but I wanted to learn more about the engine and C++. I am an aspiring VR developer with an HTC Vive and a game I’m working on (a DBZ inspired spell-fighter). Hope this works out!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Andrew and I’m taking this course to learn C++ and Unreal. Game Designing has always been something i’ve told people I wanted to do when I grow up, and while I’m a little late in terms of age, I’m very much ready, committed, and passionate to learn Game Development.

2 Likes

Hi i am Thibaut i am from ivory coast.As far as i know ive loved games as a mean to convey and bring my vision and art to life so i learnt how to code but the ressources available to me at the time werent enough to really do something useful(i even remember writing c++ programs on paper and showing it to my buddies who would laugh off and tease me).Right now i write web and mobile apps for a big company in my country using mainly JS leaving me almost no time to live my passion which is create good content for others to enjoy.I hope ill learn as much as i can so that i can be a living proof of faith for others in my position who cant really live their passion because of the responsibilities of life.

Greetings from abidjan

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m Dean.

I’m from the west coast of Australia, and I’ve loved video games for as long as I can remember, and I’ve always been a little obsessed when it came to any game that would allow me to create content for me and my friends to play. In my teens I’ve probably spent a thousand hours making classic doom WADs. As a kid I always wanted to be a game developer, but I lacked the opportunity to do so. Now, as an adult, I lack little more than a basic understanding of how coding works at an intrinsic level, but I’m pretty keen to learn what I can do pursue game development as a casual hobby, and excited to see where it might take me from there.
I know this course has been up for a while now, but if anyone is currently starting it like me, I’d love to hear from you and help each other out.

2 Likes

Hi Dean, like you i am starting this course now and ended the first section.I know about coding as it is my main source of revenue apart from art and animation.We can help each other out dont hesitate to ask for help.It ll be rewarding for all of us.

1 Like

Hi, Thibaut, thanks for the reply!
I think that would be great. I’m not sure how much help I’d be as far as the coding side of things goes as my only experience has been a really basic language called ACS, and I believe it was made and solely used for old games such as Doom, so I definitely won’t hesitate to ask. Hopefully i’ll be able to return the favour down the road with the Unreal Engine.

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m Axel, I’ve played with the unreal engine in the past but I’m officially starting now,

Working in the game industry I want to make sure I understand the troubles my fellow colleagues are going through while building amazing games, what’s better for that than trying to build one myself,

Anyway, see you in the UE4 editor :slight_smile:

Regards

3 Likes

Hi I’m Karan from India.
i have played games all my life and finally decided to get deep dive in it.
i am pursuing computer science and really interested in Game Development.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m Paul from Southampton in the UK, and I’m just at the tail end of section 1 of the course.

I am a Technical Design Analyst for a software company and have a background in software development, including in C, but it’s 20 years since I was a developer, having spent many years in project management and as a consultant. That “Hello world” program brought back a few memories, although I’m from an era of printf rather than cout.

While it may be helpful to upgrade to C++ for my job, I don’t tend to get close to code at work. The main reason I am here is for the gaming aspect. I am a long term player of games, having started with a pong console back in the 70s, and having bought a ZX81 with my first pay cheque in 1982. I have a game concept that I dream of developing, and I thought that this course would remove one barrier from actually doing so.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms