Be the first to post for 'Options for Grouping Actors'!

I would consider just sticking to using folders because that is what most people are already used to when it comes down to organizing project hierarchies in a wide variety of settings, whether it be different game engines (i.e. Unity), software applications, or operating systems. Folders allow you to reduce the size of the world outliner, while organizing and labeling sets of objects. It readily increases one’s overall understanding of what is put in the level without adding unnecessary complexity.

For me I love folders. Give me a folder and I’ll find something to put in it as long as everything looks nice and tidy.

1. Layers. We don’t need to worry about the visibility of the target points so we can opt this one out.

2. Tags are great. You can call tags from blueprint or C++. Like Ben and Marc said it can also lead to errors because you forget to call the tag. It’s messy and would not fit for what we are doing.

3. Grouping is nice but only if you are 100% sure you don’t want to move the individual pieces otherwise you have to un-group and then regroup and it becomes a mess.

4. Folders. Easy, simple and clean. Enough said.

Privacy & Terms