Be the first to post for 'IS03 Setup Visual Studio or XCode'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hi Ben!

I recently saw the news that Visual Studio 2017 for Mac has been released! Awesome—except C++ isn’t supported yet. I just saw the news, and after looking more into it also found Visual Studio Code, which does seem to support C++.

I’m on a Mac and have been using XCode for the last few months for this course. Ben, have you or has anyone else tested out Visual Studio Code? Does it seem to have a lot of the same handy services demonstrated in the standard version for PC (watch points, TODO tracking, etc)? Because if it does I’d love to switch.

Note: I’ve seen the FB post where you asked about it a while back, but there isn’t a ton of info there either (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/unrealcourse/permalink/1743015882628370/?match=dmlzdWFsIHN0dWRpbyxmb3IgbWFjLHN0dWRpbyx2aXN1YWwsbWFj, which is referenced in the post here: Visual Studio Code for Mac instead of Xcode)

1 Like

I‘d be interested in more info on using vs code as well. Tried it with the section 02 BullsAndCows project, but didn‘t get the project to compile properly (started the project in vs 2017 on Win and tried vs code with the project on Mac).

Privacy & Terms