Be the first to post for 'How To Use This Course'!

Hello,
I’m Anthony from over in Texas originally from Ireland. I’ve wasted way too many years thinking about how cool it would be to be a game developer. I don’t have any major end goals or dreams of becoming rich or famous. All i hope to achieve is to build a game that I am proud of and excited to play… specifically a relaxing fishing game, so i’m also going slowly through the Blender course and looking forward to a few hundred hour of modeling fish.

I wish you all the best of luck and success with this course and would like to echo Ben’s advice from the original course… whatever challenge you get, do more than your asked as you’ll get out of this as much as you put in.

Edit: Hey he just said it again at the end of this video so it must be true.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Sanjeev from Boston, currently in Los Angeles, originally from Singapore. Always wanted to tell stories, knew the passion’s been in video games, went down the film and television screenwriting path and now, as I’m about to leave college, looking to dive into video game development to make the dream a reality. Really wanna be able to tell cool stories through video games and tell stories, create worlds that make the next kid like me fall in love with the medium, the same way I did.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Liam and this is my first time using C#. I was doing the C++ Unreal course but decided I would have a better understanding of the content if I did this course first. I’m an aspiring game developer and I am really into video games in general.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, I’m Ron a retired U.S. Navy CPO. I was “forced” to learn programming in 1983 while serving on a Nuclear powered cruiser and made the Logroom yeoman! (I’m a Machinist Mate / Lab tech by rating). I self taught myself to program in dBase II and dBase III to make a watchbill program. This was when a floppy disc was just that, a 8 inch disk inside a paper case…I’ve also used Basic, VB, and now C#. I’m trying to get a Multiplayer boardgame up and running in Unity, but can’t get it to work with more than 2 players. Hopefully I get an idea from this course that will help.

Hi there, I’m Till, saying Hello World from Chile. Quite thrilled to be part of this community. Will go and learn C# now. See you all later!

Hello!

My name is Bryant, and I currently live in Madison, Wisconsin!

I’m an iOS Developer looking to expand my horizons and learn something new. I’m basically only proficient in iOS programming right now, but I’ve always been fascinated by video games and wanted to learn more about how they’re made from the development perspective.

Already a ways into the course (wanted to make sure I was happy with it before getting too involved in discussions) but it has been excellent so far. Hats off to the team working on the course - it’s incredibly approachable.

Hello

My name is Ted and I want to be a game developer for fun. I’m a project manager & solution architect in corporate IT in real life. I always wanted to learn C# and game development and this course looked perfect. It has been a while since I developed, I spent about 10 years developing in C, 5 years doing assembler, a couple of years doing VB, Lotus Notes and Java.

I just started the course.

TTYL

Hi,

I’m Maciej, a translator from Warsaw, Poland. Since I’ve always loved computer programming (I started with BASIC on a Commodore 64, then went to Qbasic, C and C++, Pascal, I’ve even made an Atari 2600 game prototype at some point), I decided to take a plunge and go for a career change. Currently I’m learning Android programming, HTML, CSS & Javascript and now Unity. I’ve always been passionate about games, so hopefully this will work out.

Cheers,

Maciej

Hello!

I’m from Seattle, I’ve been learning how to make games in Android Studio with java, but that has been pretty slow-going and difficult to build from the ground up and without any framework or much experience. So I’m excited to see what can be done with a more powerful engine and more structured instruction!

Hi, I am Abe

Hey everyone!

Im reallly new to game development - like, know-nothing-new. I’ve always loved gaming though and I really feel like I need to at least make one game to be happy with myself so that’s why I’m here. Here’s to making more than one game though!

hello everyone!

my name is jose and i am ready to learn and interact with other students to work together as a team! nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone,

My name is Tony and like many others i am here to learn as much as possible. My main job is a far cry from anything code related but i am looking to change that. I wish everyone good luck in their adventures!

Hello all. Name is Clayton and I am just starting the 2.0 course. Very familiar with C# so it is mostly Unity3D and game dev process I am after.

Hi all. Name is Ryan and also just starting this course. Never done any coding before in my life but always had an interest in the design process. Just doing this as a hobby on the side righ tnow.

Hey all, just saying hi. I started the old course a year or two ago, but only got a little into it because the current Unity had outstripped the Unity version used in the course. So it was a challenge to always have to figure out what had changed in the new version.

Glad that they have updated to the newer version of Unity and will keep it up to date. Looking forward to learning more and having fun.

Hello World!

My name is Mathew, and I am a Software Engineer/Developer. Making the computer do my bidding has always been a passion of mine, and gaming has always been a passion of mine. Mash my passions together and you have my next life goal, build a successful and fun video game!

I am working through a multitude of different courses currently, including the original Complete Unity Course, and Complete Blender Course. The more I learn, even if the same thing, the better I grasp it.

I am currently working on the minimal viable product for my first made from scratch game, with the assistance of my dev team, who are also my good friends. This first project that I am working on during my course work is a good way to take what we learn and apply it. Our goal is to all be ready to hit the ground running this summer and start working on our first few games from start to launch.

I am excited to be traveling down this road together, and look forward to interacting with everyone. Feel free to hit me up if you want to chat!

Hi everyone,
I’m Magdalena from Gdańsk, Poland. I used to work as a game designer, but now got interested in programming. I’m a mother of two, currently on maternity leave, so doing this course during my daughter’s nap time… :wink:

Hi everyone! I’m John from the USA, New York. I’m ready to start learning and refresh my coding knowledge. I took another course online from another site called treehouse a year ago. I managed to finish the course and everything but I didn’t continue to build my own project because of school and feeling overwhelmed. This is why I’m here. I want to start all over and I think the course can help me. This courses feels more in-depth then the one I was taking so that a great feeling…:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi! I’m Marty from Seattle, USA. Unity seems like an exciting engine and my coding skills are beyond dusty, so I thought this would be a great place to start on a few projects I have in mind!

Privacy & Terms