Be the first to post for 'Design Levers And Tuning'!

It really gives the feeling that you are exploring the environment on your journey. I like it.

Still simple primitives. Time to spice up some of the assets. I’ve added a simple camera following script which changes things a little for the better.

3 Likes

Here’s my level - was quite a bit of fun building it up from cubes.

4 Likes

Amasing scene and intro! I get a feeling that you need to refuel when you reach the next landing pod? Looking forward to see a later version of your game.

Btw I love your very original way to credit gamedev.tv as a shining star logo inside the game.

1 Like

My level reminds me of a little toybox now for some reason lol. I’m pretty happy with it considering my lack of any artistic ability :blush:

1 Like

Just for fun, I increased the drag from 0.2 to 10. Now it looks like the rocket is swimming in molasses. (No audio I’m afraid.)

1 Like

Dang! So many fantastic and creative piece of work here. Well done everyone.

1 Like

Wow this is like a part of a complete game. Looks fantastic and sounds fantastic (I also watched the 006 version). I suppose this is not the first time you’re making a game / part of game / game design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the kind words.
I am just a rookie like everyone else here, no special training beside some toying around with Gamemaker some time ago.
I am just trying to go as far as possible with the current knowledge including LOTS of experimenting.
So its really mostly throwing time against the project until something works :rofl:
Having some basic insight into Blender helped too.

1 Like

So, talking about Design Levers…

Here is an update to Magma Booster where I highlight a ton of levers! Like seriously my rocket alone has levers for things like thrust, fuel, fuel weight, fuel burn, damage toggle, shield resistances (there is a shield mechanic), umm well here is a picture.

I think I go to crazy with levers. My camera has several of them even
and some gameplay footage showing the levers in action (46 seconds in is where I really start showing them, before that is just some of the first level)

2 Likes

I was off for about a week. At that time (only in the evenings) I was trying to create my first and second levels but didn’t like any of the things I made. Now I’m back on track I actually like what I made today:

2 Likes

I finished “Introducing Particle Effects” and this is what I made :slight_smile: (again new level design).
Decided to go with “upside down effect” in the 2nd level because it is a bit harder to play like that.

2 Likes

It is my Level 1:

Privacy & Terms